• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please, tell me this will NOT change.

Like I said in the weapon thread we need stuff like weapons that fire mini ice creams or huge muffins, as well as a stereotypical french character dressed in a beret and striped shirt who attacks the zeds with a baguette that slowly whittles down before it needs replacing or characters like a Parisian mime artist who can create invisible boxes the zeds wont enter that last for 30 seconds or something.

Upvote 0
Like I said in the weapon thread we need stuff like weapons that fire mini ice creams or huge muffins, as well as a stereotypical french character dressed in a beret and striped shirt who attacks the zeds with a baguette that slowly whittles down before it needs replacing or characters like a Parisian mime artist who can create invisible boxes the zeds wont enter that last for 30 seconds or something.

why not

Upvote 0
LOL'd

But seriously no, KF needs to be consistent in its' art style and let the whacky stuff be optional mutators or mods. It's hard to get into the zombie-killing spirit when there are clowns and ridiculous steampunk weaponry all over :p.

Upvote 0
LOL'd

But seriously no, KF needs to be consistent in its' art style and let the whacky stuff be optional mutators or mods. It's hard to get into the zombie-killing spirit when there are clowns and ridiculous steampunk weaponry all over :p.

I have no idea what you're on about. The Helloween wolf Scrake and Sideshow Monkeyman make me piss myself every time.

Upvote 0
I have no idea what you're on about. The Helloween wolf Scrake and Sideshow Monkeyman make me piss myself every time.

Yes, but you just chose two very specific "different" ZEDs out of dozens and dozens of them, where the vast majority of them are very silly. While there are a few scary ones in the bunch, for the most part it just isn't a very consistent aesthetic at all.

I'm not saying I want or demand a super gritty, super horror styled art style, but I am tired of every game and their mother recently having completely nonsensical skins and characters (usually sold for a premium) that ruin the game's sense of aesthetic cohesion. The best example of this would be League of Legends, a game with a rather standard medieval fantasy aesthetic, until somebody buys a skin for $10 that puts futuristic mechs, popstars, police officers, or so many other character models that clearly don't belong in the game's setting into the playing field alongside classic medieval knights.

I feel that if KF2 goes down the same road, I wouldn't fancy it as much. I would still play it, but it's so disappointing to see a game's art style ruined because people will put a couple bucks down for "silly lol so random" skins which clash entirely with the base art style, which looks fantastic so far.

Upvote 0
perhaps everyone can make the Robot Chicken Floorpunk Circus Event they love so much all over again - so why cock up the vanilla game with that stuff.
Yeah, how dare they give us more content we don't want?! It's so rude. I can't believe TWI did that.

Edit:
The Berserker should have a weapon that's just swinging an angry cat by its tail.
Animal cruelty, TWI would get teh lawlsuits

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I love killing floor. I would have loved it more if balance and consistency where better. As a bit of fun those events were cool... I think its more the out of place weapons. Or player skins for some people, they didn't just come around once a year.

Edit: To get back on topic, If the dosh handling was the same as KF1.
A menu to give dosh would be handy, to prevent people hijacking the money stream.
Also for when people are blocked in the trader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
but I am tired of every game and their mother recently having completely nonsensical skins and characters (usually sold for a premium) that ruin the game's sense of aesthetic cohesion.

I think you missed the point of the game. KF was never very serious to begin with (did you forget about the ridiculous British voices?). It was never meant to be a realistic shooter because it's always had that humorous/comical vibe to it.
I understand that some people may dislike the wacky events and silly DLC characters because it's "too much", but we need to remember what's really important: the gameplay. And it's still good after all these years. Or at least that's my opinion.

I for one love the somewhat silly events/DLCs as they add some diversity to the game, which is really cool when you've been playing it for years.

Upvote 0
If I wanted wacky ****e, I'd go play GMod.

19d91cbdd8e83f69fa8a0aa459168655534c5b5c09263063bad4d83cf5596619.jpg

We need the perk the weed smoker !
U have a guys smoking a joints and puffing it into the zed and the zed eyes get red and they die !

Character_PNG_ReggieDLC.png

Upvote 0