• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please fix the Workshop next

Moskeeto

Dec 29, 2011
This is what I always get when I start up the game:
Spoiler!

(Look at the top-right corner.)

Every. Single. Time. It says "Downloading" followed by a bunch of random symbols like that. Then, it shows those random symbols followed by "download failed". In this example, there's too many symbols to see where it says "download failed". This always freezes my main menu for a couple of seconds.

I'm not even subscribed to anything in workshop. And if I do, it still does that and it messes up any workshop downloads.

As it is right, now, workshop integration is just broken. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that's the way it is. I think the system probably needs to be reworked from scratch because the workshop would be a fantastic feature if it worked properly.

Same errors for me, 100% reproducible.
It even displayed a download for Dota 2 the other day, something might be broken there.

Yeah. I've seen it trying to download CS:GO and Skyrim workshop content before. It has also tried to download an RO2 guide before and caused me to crash at the main menu every time. What fixed that crash for me? Asking the person who made the guide to delete it.

Upvote 0
We are working on several workshop issues but have had trouble reproducing them in house.

Issues that you see not just in our game but in multiple games sounds like a problem with workshop itself and you should contact Steam Support.

But if you guys can get us reproductions for any issues that will help us.

Upvote 0
I had this problem in RO2 and also in Killing Floor. There must be a few threads in the KF forums. The problem that solved this was to unsubscribe all workshop stuff - it is still there but doesn't check for updates anymore, so the lag is no more :)

So if you want new maps via the workshop:

Subscribe, let it download, start the game, check if the new map is there. If yes then quit and unsubscirbe.

Upvote 0
I had this problem in RO2 and also in Killing Floor. There must be a few threads in the KF forums. The problem that solved this was to unsubscribe all workshop stuff - it is still there but doesn't check for updates anymore, so the lag is no more :)

So if you want new maps via the workshop:

Subscribe, let it download, start the game, check if the new map is there. If yes then quit and unsubscirbe.

Like I've said before, I'm unsubscribed from everything. I even made sure to unsubscribe from anything in every other game. Workshop works fine for me in every other game, but I did it just in hopes to fix it. It didn't work. :(

Upvote 0
Sorry I didn't see that you are already unsubscribed.

The problem in KF were also the big temp file archives, but I don't know if they were ever a problem in RO2. At least they caused the lag in KF. Here is the thread:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=96942

edit: Did you delete any old versions of maps or stuff from the workshop? You could just put them temporary into another folder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We are working on several workshop issues but have had trouble reproducing them in house.

Issues that you see not just in our game but in multiple games sounds like a problem with workshop itself and you should contact Steam Support.

But if you guys can get us reproductions for any issues that will help us.
Try to subscribe to 20 or 30 items in the workshop section of RO 2. That almost guaranteed me to get issues with random crashes in RO2's menu and server browser.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0