• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Players refusing to play as a team... Is this normal?

Today I had the unpleasant experience with a player "<insert name>" who refused to drive the tank if someone else was in it with him. All he did was typing "no no no" until I left, he refused to move the tank.

When I complained to him about this he said that he didn't mind if it was someone who knew what they were doing.

This kind of behaviour will NOT be accepted on the 10-78 servers and it will be an automatic ban.

This game is about fun and accepting everyone in as a team regardless of their talent.

Very unsportsman like and shame on you.

I'm not really defending him, but. 1 good person = good tank. 1 good person in tank + 1 bad person in tank = bad tank. 3 good people in tank = super-uber tank.

If you have a good and bad person in the tank it becomes worse than just one good person. Though, that guy was still being a dick. If someone crappy was gunning then he could just use the tank to run people over like I do when i get a bad gunner.

I really hope in retail, where practice is posible, that people will practice the tanks before wasting them online. On konig good tanks make a big difference.

Upvote 0
somtimes i prefer to take a tank my self unless some one else has voice enabled for comunication but as a team 2 or 3 guys in a tank is way more deadly than 1
if your not on a private team speak or using the in game voice chat
dont use a tank it can be very frusterating for other players and or yourself!

Upvote 0
Give the guy a break. This isnt a real war and most players lack even rudimentary tank skills. He probably didnt want to be bothered with a crappy gunner or driver or whatever. No matter how hard you try its going to be relatively impossible to find mature players to play the way its meant to be played. The only proper solution is to get some buds on TS or ventrilo or even voip.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Give the guy a break. This isnt a real war and most players lack even rudimentary tank skills. He probably didnt want to be bothered with a crappy gunner or driver or whatever. No matter how hard you try its going to be relatively impossible to find mature players to play the way its meant to be played. The only proper solution is to get some buds on TS or ventrilo or even voip.
Though you also end up problems with when you have a group or 2 or 3 friends that some nub takes the tank you intend to use. ;p

Like on konig.. you have 3 people and someone takes the t34 which you need that for it's 3 spots.
I know once i have a good driver or gunner i like staying in the same tank with that person the whole game. Sometimes people are nice enough and understand basic reasoning to take the other tank(s).. sometimes they aren't.

and "omg IS2 HE is too powerful" :D

Upvote 0
On a near empty server, I'd say that if someone wants to solo (on a tank map, like Arad), let them solo; having an extra tank out there is handy enough just in terms of firepower. On a Combined Arms map though, a fully crewed tank is essential.
On a full server, there's no excuse though. If you don't want to work as a team, don't pick a tank role.

Upvote 0
I always take on any newbie in a tank, and i'm always driving. As a driver, i usually can keep the tank alive (the dirver is more important to a tanks survival then the gunner is), and while doing so, i can explain whats going on to my new gunner more easily. It's fun even after getting killed a few times, to see new players grasp the basic concepts and understand the tactical sides of tanking :)

The guy above will never have as much fun as I do seeing people learn.

Upvote 0
This is actually quite sad, It's a players right to drive off in a tank on their own (although rude if it's the last tank availible, but thats very very rare), they probably don't want to have to deal with somebody elses slow responses trying to operate a tank, and feel they can better do it them selves. And the ironic thing is in most cases they can, having complete control over your tank is an advantage in some respect, while you can't move and shoot or reload at the same time you can move where you want EXACTLY without having to wait for your driver to get the idea and STOP or MOVE as you asked him too.

Actually I'd like to consider how not allowing teammates to share your tank with you results in non or bad teamplay, as long as the lone wolf is blowing up enemy tanks or at least getting shot up him self thats either one less enemy tank to kill some teammates, or one less shell thats sunk into somebody elses friendly tank.

Even better if he solo's his way into cap objectives to help.

Who's being unfair here? You must be my tank driver or i'll ban you! great attitude!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:
I always take on any newbie in a tank, and i'm always driving. As a driver, i usually can keep the tank alive (the dirver is more important to a tanks survival then the gunner is), and while doing so, i can explain whats going on to my new gunner more easily. It's fun even after getting killed a few times, to see new players grasp the basic concepts and understand the tactical sides of tanking :)

Definitely agree that a good driver is far more important. A couple minutes sitting helpless as a gunner whilst your driver blasts around the map, ignoring your requests to stop so you can actually shoot at stuff is a rather horrifying experience. Also, the more people who learn to get the tank moving when it's reloading, the better.

Edit: It's quite funny actually, there was one instance on Arad where I was positioned outside the German spawn, firing at Russian tanks at Nth Field, when a 'new player' announced that we should use more teamwork, jumped into my strategically positioned tank (out of their range, but inside of mine :) ) and started racing straight at the Russian tanks, right into their effective killing range! That sort of teamwork we can do without :p

The guy above will never have as much fun as I do seeing people learn.

You didn't mean me, did you? :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
gonzman said:
This is actually quite sad, It's a players right to drive off in a tank on their own (although rude if it's the last tank availible, but thats very very rare), they probably don't want to have to deal with somebody elses slow responses trying to operate a tank, and feel they can better do it them selves. And the ironic thing is in most cases they can, having complete control over your tank is an advantage in some respect, while you can't move and shoot at the same time you can move where you want EXACTLY without having to wait for your driver to get the idea and STOP or MOVE as you asked him too.

Who's being unfair here? You must be my tank driver or i'll ban you! great attitude!

this game is about teamwork, if you want to have a tank all to yourself then play BF2.

if someone was on my server and they where being a baby and "hogging the toys" the person will be warned, then kicked if it continued.

I agree with the 10-78 dude :cool:

best thing to do is state in the server rules that teamplay is expected.

Upvote 0
You don't have to let somebody sit in your tank with you to play as a team.

Maybe you've all got some really bad definition of what teamplay is, but as long as Mr Lone Wolf is assisting the team to victory in some ways thats what i'd call Teamplay, To not teamplay they'd have to sit somewhere shooting at friendly targets, missing alot and refusing to help defend or attack anything.

Upvote 0