• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Players Farming XP

Floyd

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
I ran across three players today on one of my skirmish servers that were 'farming xp'. In the past, I thought there had to be a minimum number of players that had to be on the server for this to be effective. These particular players would vote kick whoever joined the server. (Needless to say, they won't be joining any of our other server anymore.) I've had players farming points before, but this is the first time they 'took' over the server. I'll have to look into removing the vote kick on skirmish servers I guess.

I encounter them on one of the servers I host, I checked the session bans page and it was FULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYY loaded of players (me included). I logged into this server and kicked them. I think we should have a server admin place, outside of TWI because you know naming and shaming blabla... to gather information about this kind of behavior and to take actions all together (in example here, ban the three of them on all of our servers). Maybe a private Steam group can do the trick where we invite our fellow server admins

Upvote 0
Yep set up a steam group. There isnt too many server admins so it would be difficult to manage a global list of troublemakers. Also it will definitely discourage people to do this if they know that all their farming is going to only be useful on a handful of servers not participating in the global list. Call it something and also get servers to mention on their servers that they take part in XYZ or whatever it gets called.

Upvote 0