• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

play as alligator

Rollins

Oct 10, 2019
Hello guys
I saw the pax west 2019 video on youtube and they showed us the alligator in the video and the alligator looked so awesome my idea is how about they let us play as other predators in the game like letting us play as the alligator I think that would make the game better I mean why playing only as a shark why not give us the chance to play as different predators.

At launch we will have only our ... slightly special... bull shark as the star of the show. But if the game catches on we do have some ideas for adding both more wildlife to find as well as potentially be.
Yes adding more playable predators will make this game more fun but playing as only one predator will make the game boring after a short time so maybe you can add more playable predators after launching the game like crocodiles, alligators, and any other predators not just different shark species.maybe as a DLC after launching the game.

Upvote 0
Yes adding more playable predators will make this game more fun but playing as only one predator will make the game boring after a short time so maybe you can add more playable predators after launching the game like crocodiles, alligators, and any other predators not just different shark species.maybe as a DLC after launching the game.
I can't agree with that... If you ever played Jaws Unleashed, Depth, Hungry Shark games, then you'd know that playing as a shark NEVER gets old or repetitive. It's al in how much care is put into the character you're playing as. To say it's boring to play as one character is to say that it's boring to play as any other character - Dante from Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Lara Croft from Tomb Raider, Geralt of Witcher, etc. I've never heard of anyone complaining about them getting boring - even after 200 hours of play.

Plus, even if it did, that's where the adaptations come in, they change the playstyle of the shark. Think of it as MegaMan where after you beat a boss, you gets its power but instead of making you that animal, you get a version of it that suits the character. In this case, the shark gets something that will improve it's nature and give it new abilities.

Can't see it getting boring after finishing the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May I recommend zebra fish to the wildlife to find?

Upvote 0
I can't agree with that... If you ever played Jaws Unleashed, Depth, Hungry Shark games, then you'd know that playing as a shark NEVER gets old or repetitive. It's al in how much care is put into the character you're playing as. To say it's boring to play as one character is to say that it's boring to play as any other character - Dante from Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Lara Croft from Tomb Raider, Geralt of Witcher, etc. I've never heard of anyone complaining about them getting boring - even after 200 hours of play.

Plus, even if it did, that's where the adaptations come in, they change the playstyle of the shark. Think of it as MegaMan where after you beat a boss, you gets its power but instead of making you that animal, you get a version of it that suits the character. In this case, the shark gets something that will improve it's nature and give it new abilities.

Can't see it getting boring after finishing the game.
I don't think playing as the bull shark is boring but I'd love to play as the alligator and killer whale as well as the great white shark and tiger shark.
I didn't mean it would be boring what I meant that it would be better if we get to play as other predators like the alligator.

Upvote 0
I want to play as Rosie The Alligator with an evolution to go into the sea. This would be a dream come true to be able to eat humans and do the death roll on them. Tripwire if we do get to play as an alligator it's essential our gator can go on the land without suffocating. I might want my gator to go on land and bask in the sun or I might want him to gallop after a human on land and eat it.

Reactions: CelticVikingNerd
Upvote 0
Hello guys
I saw the pax west 2019 video on youtube and they showed us the alligator in the video and the alligator looked so awesome my idea is how about they let us play as other predators in the game like letting us play as the alligator I think that would make the game better I mean why playing only as a shark why not give us the chance to play as different predators.
Hello! Long time KF2 player here, Mega shark Maneater player and long time forum lurker but new poster:

I want the Maneater experience but for MANY different cool predatory animals! I want Alligator/Crocodile, for land, I want Bear or Wolf or Lion/Big Cat...for the skies, an eagle or hawk or some type of raptor!

After playing this game and completing it, I think the bar has been set and the door has been opened for so many more possibilities, especially given the quality of how they did shark.

PLEASE, put this same effort into a few more spinoffs! (and don't be afraid to get into the insect/bug level...spiders, wasps, ants...)

Reactions: CelticVikingNerd
Upvote 0