• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design PhysMats in RO2

Nightingale

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Could somebody explain how to go about using PhysMats with RO2 to me? I've tried playing around with them, but nearly all of the parameters pertain only to the physics like friction and momentum. I can't figure out things like changing the footstep sounds or how to allow grenade traps. Where am I supposed to go to change these values?

Could somebody explain how to go about using PhysMats with RO2 to me? I've tried playing around with them, but nearly all of the parameters pertain only to the physics like friction and momentum. I can't figure out things like changing the footstep sounds or how to allow grenade traps. Where am I supposed to go to change these values?

I don't you can. They're coded in.

Upvote 0

The grenade traps so where you can dig in the grenade can be set here in the material. It needs the phys material dirt. So make a custom material and leave
out or add that material. To make it impossible or possible.

phys.jpg

Upvote 0
Ah, so it looks like we can't actually decide if a particular PhysMat has a certain footstep sound or whether or not it can accept a grenade trap. We have to choose from the existing EMT_Material_Types built into the game.

I wanted to change the footstep sounds of my dead leaf material to a rustling sound, but it looks like that will be impossible for a normal mapper like me, short of placing RSSoundTriggers everywhere on the map.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Upvote 0