• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk Tracking

Killjoi

Jun 4, 2009
Dear Tripwire,

First I'd like to say great job so far I am absolutely loving Killing Floor! however I do have a suggestion. ;)

I think it would be convenient to have some sort of "Tracking of Progress" somewhere on or around the players HUD only tracking the progress of the players active Perk.

I personally think this would be an awesome addition to Killing Floor!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:
OR, you could just press escape to bring up the perks menu, then press escape again to close it?

A huge 'Perk Tracking' bar would be immersion-breaking. Why would they add that when they won't even add crosshairs for the same reason?

IF this is included ever, make it optional!

And personally, I'm almost always too focused on actually playing (Headshots, capping Stalkers, dealing big damage) to even notice how far my perks are progressing until I check on it after a game.

Come to think of it, a Post-Game "Perk Progress" report would be cool. Think of it:

"In this match, you:

-Scored 200 Headshot Kills
-Healed 150 Ally HP
-Dealt 5,900 damage with the Bullpup"

And so on...

Upvote 0
OR, you could just press escape to bring up the perks menu, then press escape again to close it?

A huge 'Perk Tracking' bar would be immersion-breaking. Why would they add that when they won't even add crosshairs for the same reason?

IF this is included ever, make it optional!

And personally, I'm almost always too focused on actually playing (Headshots, capping Stalkers, dealing big damage) to even notice how far my perks are progressing until I check on it after a game.

Come to think of it, a Post-Game "Perk Progress" report would be cool. Think of it:

"In this match, you:

-Scored 200 Headshot Kills
-Healed 150 Ally HP
-Dealt 5,900 damage with the Bullpup"

And so on...

That's fair, I'd be okay with optional and I like your Idea aswell.

Upvote 0
great idea, but is there room to put it on the player's HUD?

That's where the clutter problem would come in. We already have Health counters, ammo counters, wave/specimen counters, a trader distance/direction counter...much more, even optional, would clutter the HUD down to the point where you lose the immersion.

That's why I think an 'After-Mission Summary' would be pretty cool. Especially if it showed things not related to perk leveling, such as how many of each monster you killed. That player who only has 30 kills instead of 150 might feel a lot better knowing that almost all of his kills were Skrakes/Fleshpounds, and that Commando with 300 kills might feel a little embarassed to find that they were all Clots and Crawlers...

Upvote 0
How about a discreet little window that would fade in after a round as you dash for the trader. It would slowly fade in, like 2 seconds, and in that window that is still transparent, save for the text, you would see "This round, you have ..." and then stats? Then it would fade out on the press of a button or after 5 seconds..

Upvote 0
How about a discreet little window that would fade in after a round as you dash for the trader. It would slowly fade in, like 2 seconds, and in that window that is still transparent, save for the text, you would see "This round, you have ..." and then stats? Then it would fade out on the press of a button or after 5 seconds..

Might work. Of course for any of this to be possible, you'd likely need to run it by the devs. Sounds simple enough, but you'd need good knowledge of the games' coding to do it right...

Upvote 0
That's where the clutter problem would come in. We already have Health counters, ammo counters, wave/specimen counters, a trader distance/direction counter...much more, even optional, would clutter the HUD down to the point where you lose the immersion.

That's why I think an 'After-Mission Summary' would be pretty cool. Especially if it showed things not related to perk leveling, such as how many of each monster you killed. That player who only has 30 kills instead of 150 might feel a lot better knowing that almost all of his kills were Skrakes/Fleshpounds, and that Commando with 300 kills might feel a little embarassed to find that they were all Clots and Crawlers...
The after mission summary sounds good to me

Upvote 0
I like the idea of an after mission summary.

My biggest problem with perk tracking though, is that after 1 million damage you only get progress updates every 100k damage (you only get notified every time you hit lvl 2!) ... I really think that's a bit too infrequent.

That's really annoying. I know they like to save space with the 1.6M/3.5M damage, but really, is it that hard to add another digit? (Ex: 1.62M/3.50M)

Upvote 0