• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk Tracking

Plus, unlike the connected player screen(tab) viewing the perks removes all control from the main game meaning if you're being chased by specimens or are short on time to run to the trader you can't really view your perks else you'll stop moving and die/miss the trader etc. In games like Battlefield(all of them?) if you open a menu that requires the mouse or something then your previous inputs will remain frozen until you close the menu. So if you hold W and open the map screen you can walk away from your PC and it will continue moving you forward until you close it.

Upvote 0
I feel that a summary would be the most interesting option. Seeing the perk progress on screen would take more space on an already somewhat cluttered HUD, or just be too much like Team Fortress 2 for my tastes. It'd be nice to see a bunch of random information about your performance that round, beyond perks and kill related stuff, to get an idea for how you play.

EG, in the GTA series, they track all kinds of stuff. How far you've swam, biked, walked, drove, how many kilograms of explosives you've used, how many bullets you've shot, etcetera. All kinds of really pointless information that's just neat to know. Seeing some of that mixed in with more relevant information ( the damage you've done this round, headshots, etc. ) would at the very least be something different to look at on the loading screen or somewhere similar.

Upvote 0
seems kinda like a stupid idea cuz it will make people care even more about their perks instead of just having fun playing the game and people will just play perk building maps more.

The main idea for the suggestion is purely for convenience. All this suggestion will do is add a nice little screen after every game (or add a bar to the UI tracking your Perk's current progress) saying what you did towards your Perks. This way, everyone will know where they're at so they don't have to check it mid-wave. Like I said, purely for convenience.

This will not, however, make perk building maps any easier or more enjoyable. That will simply remain as a droll shooting fest that has the same result every time whether this idea is implemented or not. How anyone can sit there doing the same thing for hours on end until getting to even level 5 in one Perk is beyond me.

Upvote 0