• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk Level 7 - Would this **** you off?

whywouldyoudothat.jpg

Rofl, yeah my thoughts exactly.

If they were to add more levels they should really come up with a better system where you gain levels MUUUUCH more often but with more minimal benefit. I would rather gain a level on every game and get +3% faster something something than play 50 games and get that +20%. Doesnt feel too much of a grind then.

Also better leveling requirements would be nice too, like achievements instead of plain damage.

Upvote 0
Rofl, yeah my thoughts exactly.

If they were to add more levels they should really come up with a better system where you gain levels MUUUUCH more often but with more minimal benefit. I would rather gain a level on every game and get +3% faster something something than play 50 games and get that +20%. Doesnt feel too much of a grind then.

Also better leveling requirements would be nice too, like achievements instead of plain damage.
Seconded.

Upvote 0
This sounds pretty good, as long as it doesn't get too onerous or arbitrary.

Things like (keep in mind this is just off the top of my head):

Sharpie 3: Headshot kill a siren before she hurts anyone.
Sharpie 5: Headshot kill a fleshpound before he hurts anyone.
Sharpie 6: Headshot kill the patriarch.
Commando 6: Straight Rush the patriarch.
Berserker 4: Take over 200 points of damage (incl. damage to armour) in one wave.
Firebug 5: Get set on fire by husks 8 times in one wave.
Medic 3: Get hit with bloat bile while healing someone else hit by bloat bile.

...on top of the usual damage/killcount requirements, possibly made much lower so those of us who've already gone past those levels don't get an unfair advantage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
half the dmg/headshot/heal/stalker kill count and add 3~ "achievements" to unlock perk perk level.

(this kinda reminds me of the perk system in CoD:BO though, al it misses is "buying the new perk level" :troll:)

i do kinda like this system, its more "skill based" than "grind based"

would prevent every lifeless *dingaling* from becoming Plvl 6 without some serious team playing.

i have to add, those skill achieves have to be harder than "kill this" ... maybe "solo a scrake with any shotun" would be a good perk achieve for rank1>2 support, its hard, but doable.

sniper (1>2) would more or less be ... *headshot a scrake with a non-melee weapon* (doesnt matter how, aslong as he gets decapped)

while the level 5-6 achieves should be more like ... dunno ... solo the patriarch on HoE difficuly with 6 people in the game? (something like that)

Upvote 0
Awesome idea, promotes teamwork and stops people who aren't used to the game from leveling just because they can spray their fully automatics into a crowd. It would then make it so higher difficulties are safe from people who aren't ready for them, especially if the difficulty perk lock was implememnted (Suggested before by someone that you can only play on hard for example if you are level 4 or higher). Also, I love achievements! :p :D

Upvote 0
Hehehehe, superior graphics programs ftw, yeah that looks pretty damned sweet. Of course for classes like the Sharpshooter and Commando this kind of design will be alot harder to accomplish, unless you have either a tribal kind of design or have it faded between the gaps in the perk logo.

With the Firebug you'd have to look at possibly having the insignia go behind the facial features to make it work. Assuming the effort is put in though would be sick.

I could attempt it in paint but I would take about 2 hours :p

Upvote 0
In my opinion adding Lv7 while nerfing Lv6 down would just be seen as a ploy to make people play. But a prestige leveling bonus - either reaching Lv7 or choosing to reset a Lv6 - and gaining a small universal bonus would be quite nice. Along with a badass-looking class symbol. Maybe you can only pick one universal bonus to be active at once, to give hardcore players less of an advantage over...less hardcore players.

Upvote 0
I like the idea of trading in fully lvld perks for a universal bonus, like:
SS: headshot damage +10%
Support: carry weight + 1? maybe 2 idk
Commando: Reload 10% faster
Medic: 10% off armor
Demo: +1 Nade (i don't use nades much so this makes me sad, but theres not alot i can think of for a demo perk)
Zerker: + 10% walking rate
Firebug: + 10% flame retardance (thats a fun word i came up with myself lol)

Since ur sacrificing hours of gameplay, maybe the % could be buffed, but they may need nerfing too. Either way, it'd be awesome. I'm close to lvl 6 on SS and once i'm there, i'm gonna miss lvling up. I thing that you'd have to complete a lvl 7 to get the trade option tho - make u play as lvl 6/ let u play as lvl 6 for a while.

Cooler and cooler badges r stupid - thats what soo many games do and i hate it. In KF i don't mind cause it tells me the persons capabilities in their class, but in CODBLOPS it makes no difference if your prestige 10 or lvl 4 - its just time. So maybe if you make it to lvl7 a second time you could get the platinum emblem, but thats it. no lvl8, no lvl30. just perks to 6 and prestige at 7. and for gods sake, please don't extend it or make it harder to reach 6/7. it takes hours as it is, and i wanna be able to hit the high lvls and use them, not spend forever working on lvl 3.

Upvote 0
Wait, having fun playing a game is a sacrifice? Who knew!?

I deserved that lol. I just don't wanna give up the perks of 20 hours of sharpie gameplay for a measly 5 percent bonus to something. 10 is iffy, but a 15 - 25% would be awesome. really worth it. I said 10 because i thinks thats a likely balance, but who knows....

Upvote 0