• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk Buff ideas.

Hu3Hu3

Sep 9, 2020
These are ideas at most, some may possibly be overpowered but are only thoughts floating around to maybe improve some of the abilities or maybe give more incentive to pick a specific ability that people report not many use.

Berserker
Dreadnaught or Parry ability
introduce a grenade buff that gives you resistance/immunity from EDAR Trapper grabs if you have a emp grenade on you.
It will use 1 emp grenade if you get grabbed by a EDAR trapper; EMP grenade goes off around you applying the effect to nearby zeds in the radius and it stuns the EDAR Trapper who tried to trap/grab you.

Support
High Capacity Magazines ability
Double-barrel Boomstick, Doomstick, and HRG Buckshots are not impacted so maybe give bonus chance of a stumble power or improved damage for those 3 shotguns.

Zed Time - Penetrator
Perk weapons can penetrate through any target hit but also highlight or outline the enemies to be more visible in case they blend in with the color adjustment of the zed time

Zed Time - Barrage
Perk weapons shoot in near real-time and it uses ammo in the reserve rather than the clip so they don't need a reload.

Field Medic
Resilence
add a health regeneration bonus to resilence so when health goes below 20 you will slowly regenerate 1HP every few seconds until you reach 50HP (idea)

Acidic Rounds
Make a corrosive ability (similar effect to poison) for the enemies that have metal on them; like a 5% chance of inflicting a corrosion effect on zeds per shot.
This corrosion effect would be very effective toward EDAR's, Matriarch, Fleshpounds (metal hands), Skrakes (Chainsaw would be less effective but still pretty deadly), and gorefasts/fiends if you hit them on the metal parts.

Zed Time - Airborne Agent
Zeds impacted by this airborne agent will turn against other zeds and will actively fight each other for 4-10 seconds; does not impact fleshpounds, skrakes, or quarter pounds. (this can be done to catch a breather or to give the other zeds a distraction)
Hitting a zed with a syringe (alt-fire type) during zed time will make them fight for you; does not impact fleshpounds, skrakes or quarter pounds.

Zed Time - Zedative
add in unlimited ammo or use the ammo from the reserve so they don't need to worry about reloading during zed time.

Sharpshooter
Stability or Sniper
add in a health regeneration buff; like 1 to 5 HP regenerated upon succesful headshot kill. or health regeneration (slow health regen like 1HP every 5-20 seconds if stationary.)

Swat
Assault armor
give 5-25 armor points (staff choice) upon ammo box pickup if this ability is equipped.

Survivalist
Medic Training
Might be unrealistic, but regenerate health (1HP every 2-10 seconds [staff choice]) when standing on blood spilled by zeds.
Idea generated by the starting knife the survivalist class gets (gore shiv)

Reactions: missing_trigger
-I really like the EMP idea! It would actually be a great trade-off to deal with one of the most infuriating capabilities in the game. And it also makes sense for the Zerk to have it.

- I don't know if we truly need something to compensate "High Capacity Mags" not working with the shotguns you mention... It's okay for some skills to be situational in my opinion. But hey, I wouldn't complain if they actually had a lil' something else... Maybe a chance not to consume ammo?

Wouldn't mind either changes for ZED time skills

-I also thought it was weird for the berzerker to be able to regen its HPs and not the medic... Then again, he's already a tough perk. So would he truly need that, considering he has better healing capabilities (that are also faster)? I don't know. Also, while the DoT effects in this game are pretty bad, I don't know if I'd want to have pretty much double damage towards metallic enemies... The Medic is still supposed to be more of a supportive perk after all.

Again, definitely in favor of both ZED skills change.

-Maybe I wouldn't mind rooting myself in the ground if the skills actually helped you survive for longer ! I would even trade some damage bonus for like... a slight defense buff. But I guess health regen could also work immensely well.

-Nothing else to say for SWAT : it's a perk so reliant on armor that getting some extra AP by collecting ammo boxes would be great. It's not as if 25 was that much anyway... You often lose way much in a single punch.

-The problem I see with your Survivalist idea is that the blood doesn't disappear overtime... By the late waves, you could pretty much heal wherever you stand !

Upvote 0