• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Performance Limit of ROStaticMeshDestructibles

Nightingale

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
In the TWI Wiki, it says that going over 500 ROStaticMeshDestructibles in a single map is inadvisable. Could a dev please elaborate on exactly how this number was derived? I ask because I noticed that Red October Factory has something like 670 destructibles in it, so it seems to me like this number is sort of flexible. If I wished to make a map with, say, 1000 destructibles in it, what kind of sacrifices in other aspects would I have to make in order to compensate for the performance penalty?

Hmm, if that's the case I won't pay too much heed to this hard limit of 500 then. I am certainly aware of the 300 per replication actor thing, but I won't need to worry about that yet as it's only a server optimization feature.

If someone from TWI could comment on this it would be very helpful. I'm still not really sure how expensive destructibles are, relative to simple static meshes.

Upvote 0