• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS People needed to help play test future RS content.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hello regular forum goers ^^.

As you guys might know [AMG] or anti matter games or RS team, is working on future goodies for Rising Storm. And to make sure that those future goodies are fun we need to play maps from a very early stage with a nice group of people.

For that we need people that can help with playing the maps from a very alpha stage (holes in the ground, blockouts & missing textures) towards the final versions.

A regular gameplay session often looks like all of us sitting in a teamspeak channel, and discussing the things we like and dislike about the map. With at the end of a session people posting their opinions in the forums. Which the mapper(s) (that generally join the ts3 as well) then read discuss with TWI about what can be done to make the map better in a way that fits to the original design plan.

Unlike the more public beta testing that often happens towards the end when a lot of the gameplay is sort of set in stone, in the early versions you really see the maps evolve based on the gameplay sessions you help create.

Now while we are always looking for people that want to help us with bughunting as well. We find it so important that maps early on get tested on their gameplay aspects, that we are willing to get some new testers solely for the fun stuff ;).

These gameplay tests generally happen on wednesdays and fridays at 8pm Uk, 9pm Cet, 3pm Est

If you are interested in helping future maps shape up to be fun then please send an email to [email protected] including your forumname, a link to your steam account, and a motivation why you would like to help :). (including stating whether you would like to just join the gameplay tests or bughunts as well).

For this procedure you will be required to sign an NDA, and email that back to us so please take that in mind ;).

I hope that we'll be able to make this game better with new content as a community :).

Last edited:
Since Jesse has asked.

First lot of pro's and con's for being part of the testing team.

Positives:

Meet a great bunch of like minded people who want to help make the game as best as possible.

Direct input on what flows and works in maps taken more or less straight away and help shape it, with suggestions how and what could be better and what doesn't work.

Access to new maps, weapons etc and get used to them before they become released + also can help with suggestions towards new items etc. Also the same for many 3rd party community maps, directly helping those members with feedback.

Getting to know the maps and best possible way to attack or defend which may help you when the map is released.

Negatives:

Very time consuming, If you do not have much free time you may not enjoy things such as bug hunts and other non gameplay things to do.

Possible frequent downloads, so if you are on a form of limited bandwidth you may not enjoy updates that change small bits on maps etc.

Bug Hunts: (Although i enjoy) Many may not find it interesting or fun having to go through maps trying to spot all possible bugs and dodgy areas on them, such as setting up LMGs etc.

Neutral:

Some test times can be difficult to part-take depending which part of the world/ time one you are in.

Overall i greatly enjoy it as i am part of the community and am able to help shape how the game looks and plays. Since i have started i loved every moment off it.

Chris

Upvote 0
What can I really add to what's already been said, well being a tester you get to have some input on what's in development at the Mo's its on maps but depends on what being tested, this doesn't mean you automatically get your own way but you can voice your opinion, and feedback on stuff that's tested is expected from you - your English might not be great but its your opinions we want

I would echo what the others have said it can be time consuming ( In nice way) You get to spend time with people who are passionate about the game and what happens with it, add to that they're a nice friendly bunch too from all over the globe, you'll get to talk directly to Dev's and ask questions of them ( generally they're quite open, but obviously sometimes they can't be)

You will have to sign and abide by a Non Discloser agreement (NDA) once again for obvious reason if your going to see things that are not public knowledge yet you can't post screenies or tell others who are not in the testers group

But if you have the time and enjoy good company and good laugh then this is a great experaince

Upvote 0
Personally I don't mind running tests at different test times, but the past has shown that these times generally are the most effective (the biggest group of players in RO2/RS is european). I would do one of these on a sunday, but a lot of people are busy on sundays with clan related events etc, resulting in bad attendance :(.

(On sundays we will have tests but likely not of the gameplay testing type).

As maps are played from a very early stage, often people easily get stuck, or the game having no spawnprotection etc. For this reason it is important to quickly be able to tell someone to avoid killing people from a certain location. For that reason we want everybody to be on Teamspeak3 so a microphone definitely comes in handy. Its not directly required to have a mic but being on Teamspeak3 is (there is a muted channel as well if you like things quit but we need to be able to contact people during tests). Since a mic is like 5 dollars i would get one, although we have some people that must be very quiet due to people sleeping etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not a beta tester, but I've received an email with an offer and the copy of NDA documents. Unfortunately I don't have the time to actively participate as a beta tester, but can I suggest using a service such as DocuSign to get signatures rather than having to physically print and send something off. Might not sound like a huge deal but it could boost the numbers a bit.

Upvote 0