• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

People breaking servers [Old bug from RO 2 never fixed]

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
RS 2 has the same bug RO 2 had, which never was fixed (actually 'fixed' before people found the new way to bypass the max players difference) where people break the team balance, then the whole server team balance is messed up forever, and server balance teams like 24 on a side and 33 on the other, when there is a max players difference of 2.

I saw it on a server I host. I verified its settings and it was default ones (team balance enabled, team balance on deth enabled, max difference of 2). 'kinda' SAME PROBLEM AS HERE, not definitely exactly the same bug, but it has same root 100% sure:

https://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...th-the-numbers
https://steamcommunity.com/app/35450...02631213417256

Server has no spectator slots in theory, but the glitch on RO 2 would use the join as spectator functionality, so I don't know maybe there is another way to glitch and bypass the limitation, or the 0 spectator slot setting is part of the problem.

This bug is at least 5 years old... and part of my official TWI ignored buglist.

Last edited:
Hope you #****ingRetarded guys from the community will keep this exploit details an 'insider secret you need to keep for yourself', and that TWI 'ignores this non existent bug' this way we'll continue to benefit from broken servers and ****ed up games for all the years to come, and future games again. But hey.. you'll be able to join full servers and/or bypass the server settings so that super cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No sarcasm at all.

No hard feelings about TWI not fixing critical issues in all their games (RO2, KF2, RS2), at all.

There is no such thing as a list of ignored critical issue/request that are ****ING YEARS OLD!

Upvote 0
This is a different bug.

The RO2 bug allowed players to bypass the player limit. Leading to 100 people on a 64 player server. RIP server performance. However teams were never unbalanced. They even attempted to fix it for RO2 but all they succeeded in doing was restricted manual team select if you joined as spectator. Auto select was still an option. So that's what people did.

This issue was fixed in RS2s alpha. Back in 2016.

Fastforward to now with campaign releasing. If one team is losing hard in a campaign a good chunk of the losing team may leave the game at the end of the round. If the server has a queue it will also mean a lot of people will join all at once to replace them. Some of those players will press autoselect.

And therein lies the problem.

Autoselect doesn't seem to care how many players are on each side and has zero problems putting players on the team with more players. Even if it exceeds 32 players. Which it almost always will as there would have been players who team swapped before everyone else left. Leading to 25v37 which is the worst I've seen. As I think people know what auto select does now.

So yes it's a different new bug. This auto select bug could have existed for a long time it's just we never had a mass exodus followed by people replacing those who left rapidly. Not until we had campaign and queue. Those two things combined have revealed the flawed nature of autoselect. In RO2 autoselect cared about team balance. In RS2 it doesn't seem to. Can't go above 64 with this either.

Upvote 0
So basically the old bug from RO 2 where people **** the server and team balance (the RO 2 bug was more a triple bug with overriding the max player, the team balance and the numbers then in the end.

edit: hope this time you'll not be a dick and explain every detail you know to devs because when I read this in the old thread, I'm really angry:

But I will not tell how to do that for they might fix that one too. It's the best glitch don't fix it I don't think many know how to do it. Or anyone but me maybe Since I discovered it on my own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0