• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server PB Screen Shots Enabled

Everyone,

Evenbalance believe they now have a fix for this lag/spike/stall issue, and they have tested it out on Puggy's server as well as some others and have confirmed the fix. They are now rolling it out publicly and your servers should autoupdate to the new version automatically in the next little while.

Thanks to Puggy for offering up his server to us/Evenbalance to help resolve the issue.

Cheers,

John
Will it require a re-boot?

Reactions: Lush
Upvote 0
Will it require a re-boot?

If PB was already running, then no, however if you change the status of PB, you need a restart of the game.

If PB is running and you want to force the update, I think you can do the following in the Web Console Management Console: pb_sv_update this will only work if PB was already running.

Upvote 0
One big glass of beer for puggy (for letting his server be the testing bunny), for TWI (for urging EB to take actions) and to EB (for fixing it for us)

Cheers!!!

bier.gif

Reactions: Ducky
Upvote 0
Yeah, I manually updated the server and client files this morning. Restart, the whole nine yards. I've been running PB servers since CoD, so its not like I'm unfamaliar with evenbalance.

Yet still, while the servers PB log file read:
PunkBuster Server for HOS (v1.840 | A1372 C2.280) Enabled
pb_sv_ver continued to return what I posted above.

------
*Edit*

Just minutes ago, it updated...

@Zetsumei
The update is live now and screenshots are being taken.
Taken after the update.
pb000102.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've tried the screen shot feature several times today. If I make one of myself, then it works. The screen shot of my game session is in the svss folder as expected, but if i make one of an other player, then there only is an HTML file with the text Screenshot was not returned by Client. Does this mean that they somehow managed to turn it off at client side?

Upvote 0
I've tried the screen shot feature several times today. If I make one of myself, then it works. The screen shot of my game session is in the svss folder as expected, but if i make one of an other player, then there only is an HTML file with the text Screenshot was not returned by Client. Does this mean that they somehow managed to turn it off at client side?

The players could be alt-tabbed out of the game when the shots are taken.

Upvote 0