• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Paul Gray of Slipknot has died

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
To those of you who do not know, Paul "#2" Gray, the bassist of Slipknot has passed away.

Slipknot was one of my favourite bands and i feel saddened by this.

BlackLabel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
Can we have a rule on NO RIP posts please...many people dont care and there is thousands of people dying everday..just because the dude played in some metalband dosent make his dead special...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Hackel

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
Can we have a rule on NO RIP posts please...many people dont care and there is thousands of people dying everday..
Since when everyone has to care about one thread? Even then, I'm sure that this thread have more people that care about it, than many other threads around here. If you don't care, just ignore it, where is the problem?

I personally hated Slipknot (except maybe 2 or 3 songs), but that doesn't stop me from defending the fact that the thread is totally legit and CandleJack has all the right to make it.

just because the dude played in some metalband dosent make his dead special...:rolleyes:
Because the dude played in some metalband does make him special, because it was known for the fans of the band (who are many).

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
I'd like to thank Paul for everything that he has done for me by founding Slipknot. It was the first musical love of my life, and it has helped me so much throughout my life. I'm saddened that Slipknot will never be the same, or may even quit doing what they do as i expect they will.
It hadnt really broke through to me that he died untill watching the press conference video which drove it home, and now i'm just all teary-eyed because of the gap he leaves behind, which is clearly visible when you look at the rest of the band. That was pretty emotional to me.

Paul, rest in peace. :(

PUTZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Baltimore, MD, USA
Can we have a rule on NO RIP posts please...many people dont care and there is thousands of people dying everday..just because the dude played in some metalband dosent make his dead special...:rolleyes:
Just because you don't care about someone, doesn't mean you need to post about it.

Get out of the thread.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Olivier

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
I dont think they will come near my place this summer =/
RIP good man

husbert

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 1, 2008
Caap, ГEPMAHNR
just dont read the thread

rip, didnt hear slipknot very often but some songs were really good

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
Slipknot sucks and always has but it's sad when anyone so young dies leaving behind a pregnant wife :(

Nimsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
They seem genuinely upset. Goes to show how close they are. Still not a fan of the band but my respect for them went up a little.

Corey is a good dude, I definitely prefer his clean and melodic vocals though.

Flogger23m

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
I heard that to.

No longer listen to them really, and I don't like their new album, but this is too bad.

Olivier

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
I like some songs from Slipknot, but i'm not a huge fan. I dont even know what's the names of all those guys, but the big guy next to the wife made me dropped a few tears =''(

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
I preferred their first two albums, and recently i've fallen out of the habit of listening to Slipknot, but i have always felt like Slipknot is more than just the music.
It was about family and being a part of something, and that video shows this as the truth all the more.
They are genuinely upset as Nimsky said, i am usually not such an emotional guy but they got a some tears out of me while listening to them talk about Paul.
It has strengthened me in my resolve that Slipknot is more than just the music.
It gave me the feeling i belonged somewhere, something i lacked at that time, and will forever be thankful of that.
No one is going to take that away.
Slipknot is a family, not by blood, but as brothers all the same.

This song seems very appropriate at the moment, called Till we die:

YouTube - Slipknot - 'Til We Die with lyrics

"I've never stopped trying, i never stopped feeling like family is much more than blood.
Don't go on without me, the piece that i represent complements each and every one."

"My last true confession will open your eyes
i've never known trust like the Nine.
Let it be spoken, let it be screamed
They'll never ever take us alive."

Last edited:

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
Is that the guy in your signature?
No, sadly.

The guy in my signature is Mr. Foster, Killing Floor's (TWI's other game) most popular character.

It's true. Metal has taken a beating as of late. Well i guess only the good die young, all the evil seems to live forever.