• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Patriarch Weakspot

Straight on

Straight on

Yeah, the theory checks out. I got on a server with some of my sharpshooter pals, and they dropped him with 2 bolts on Suicidal.

Confession time- I suck at Sharpshooter. I was the medic, as most last level games require a medic for healing after rocket splash/melee/chaingun. Turns out I was unnecessary, Pat couldn't even get 1 shot off at us!

:D

Thank you for the pro-tip, much appreciated!

Upvote 0
Krieg Jaeger: L.A.W. is one of the most usefull weapons in this game, if u can use it of course, i can use it i took out pack on the bridge on helmzdeep map with it while i am on the other side of the map and prevent the monsters to attack from behind, i'm always a sharpshooter if i am not in helmzdeep but on that map the monsters cant even get close so i can use law without killing myself
this eye shooting thing is actually work for me, but i tried win m99 instead of crossbow and i was able to took out that damned thing, so just give it a try if u are good enough it worked for me

Upvote 0
Krieg Jaeger: L.A.W. is one of the most usefull weapons in this game, if u can use it of course, i can use it i took out pack on the bridge on helmzdeep map with it while i am on the other side of the map and prevent the monsters to attack from behind, i'm always a sharpshooter if i am not in helmzdeep but on that map the monsters cant even get close so i can use law without killing myself
this eye shooting thing is actually work for me, but i tried win m99 instead of crossbow and i was able to took out that damned thing, so just give it a try if u are good enough it worked for me

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Upvote 0
Is everyone else but larks just gonna ignore the fact that this post is the one that necro'd the thread? Not only that, but he's saying things like
if u can use it of course
and
i can use it i took out pack on the bridge on helmzdeep map
?
This is easily the fastest someone has nullified their own argument.

Also, no need for periods. This is one, concise thought that has to be read in one go. I was out of breath by the end, and I wasn't even reading it aloud.

Also yeah, pat's hitbox is odd... but not dictated by his tentacle eye.

Upvote 0
Now, don't quote me on this, but I gave it a shot with the flamethrower (considering it's insane rate of fire, and it's recoil, even if you can't see where you are specifically aiming, you're going to hit all over in a general area) and took him down to his knees before he could even start firing his minigun. The next time he was attempting to heal and bam, made him drop the syringe with a fiery fusillade to the face.

Of course, it's very difficult to discern if this is due to an eyeshot, or due to me being a level 5 firebug blasting him in the face, but he definitively got taken the feck down on norm.

The flamethrower has no headshot multiplier whatsoever. You will always deal the same amount of damage no matter where you hit him.

Edit:
I just tested on the testmap. 6 player HoE headshot with the crossbow as level 6 sharpshooter deals 2880 damage while his eye remains in the head. I tried shooting his eye when he was firing his rocket, chaingun and after healing and it always did exactly 2880 damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to point that this thread was made in 2009, when the game was fresh and there were no testmap or drawing headzones script. All debate contained herein was a bunch of wild guesses, and it ended in 2009... until user named Sparda somehow dug this thread up 5 years later (and that was pretty much the only thing he had done on this forums ever).

Upvote 0