• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Original soundtrack (OST)

Bump, as I personally like the allies' winning theme with the russian voices. Is this track made for the game or is it taken from existing music?

Dude!! I know what track do you mean (maybe), ys epic. It's made for the game, based on Red Army Chorus, I think.

I really want that song.

Can Tripwire include in the Deluxe Edition the OST?
Please please?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bump, as I personally like the allies' winning theme with the russian voices. Is this track made for the game or is it taken from existing music?

They got a composer to write the music, and its designed to change based on how the battle is currently going for your team which is a nice touch. They talk about it in one of the cam presentations from a while ago

Quick google: Sam Hulick who also did music for Mass Effect 1 and 2

I still haven't turned the music off, which is strange for me in a FPS / multiplayer game

Upvote 0
DO NOT RIP OUT THE MUSIC - WE ARE WATCHING YOU.

I kid. ;) But seriously, the OST will be available for purchase at some point soon. It's worth it, and I'm not just saying that because I wrote the score. I think you guys will enjoy it, a lot of effort was put into picking which tracks would go on the OST and in which order they're played. It's organized chronologically to take you through the actual Battle of Stalingrad.

If you want the full original mp3 of the "Our Guard" tune, it's here:

http://www.sovmusic.ru/english/download.php?fname=guardpes

That's the exact file I used to write my own arrangement. I tried so hard to find the sheet music but couldn't, so I had to replicate it entirely by ear. Very tough, when you're dealing with a 1940s recording!

Upvote 0

I kid. ;) But seriously, the OST will be available for purchase at some point soon. It's worth it, and I'm not just saying that because I wrote the score. I think you guys will enjoy it, a lot of effort was put into picking which tracks would go on the OST and in which order they're played. It's organized chronologically to take you through the actual Battle of Stalingrad.

[url]http://www.sovmusic.ru/english/download.php?fname=guardpes[/URL]

That's the exact file I used to write my own arrangement. I tried so hard to find the sheet music but couldn't, so I had to replicate it entirely by ear. Very tough, when you're dealing with a 1940s recording!

How can you not LOVE TWI when the composer who wrote the score to this awesome game replies to a personal post. This is why everyone should not worry about this game. The people who are working on this have a vested interest in making it work - from an artist perspective, to a developer perspective. Just wow...

Reactions: mokov
Upvote 0
Yea i think i will get the soundtrack, the music is great, when playing the game it somehow reminds me Stalingrad isn't only a game and was a terrible battle.

It really adds to the atmosphere, i thought i was going to cut the music off like i did in RO1, but i feel like I'm missing an important part of the game if i do.

Thank you Sam Hulick for making video games so much more!

Upvote 0
I wouldn't distribute the music itself but would you be ok if I shared the tool I used to extract the sound effects (assuming I can find it)?

Not really up to me, so I don't know. People will always have tools to hack games and mod them, I think it's expected on some level. But it's not really my place to dictate what the official "rules" are. I'm just the music guy. :)

Upvote 0

http://www.sovmusic.ru/english/download.php?fname=guardpes

I was very saddened to see you wouldn't be working on ME3 :(. But hey at least you did the music in RO2 :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

[url]http://www.sovmusic.ru/english/download.php?fname=guardpes[/URL]

Hello Sam,

Many thanks for your reply. Do you mean you replicated/recorded the entire song?
If so, I'm willing to personally buy it from you, at your price (I'd die for your sheet music too).
I'm a french musician, born in Poland, and such music is very touching to me.

Kind regards

Upvote 0