• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Open Beta Release date questions wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont take this the wrong way but surely it would be easier to not have a place holder date and just tell people a release date hasn't been announced yet, rather then having a release date then everyone quote's that date as the release and you tell them its wrong...

Maybe it is, but its better to have a 100% finished game, that will kick a** for years, then a to soon released bugged version of it and its better for both of us, the players and the devs! Have a little patience and be sure you won

Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
Dont take this the wrong way but surely it would be easier to not have a place holder date and just tell people a release date hasn't been announced yet, rather then having a release date then everyone quote's that date as the release and you tell them its wrong...

It wouldn't make a difference. People fly to these forums, make their thread and expect the whole world to rush to answer them. They're not interested in searching. They're not interested in joining the community. They're interested in their free first-play of HoS, and they want an answer now, damn it.

The # of locked "Beta!" threads on the first page should be enough to tell any mouth breather not to ask. And yet......

Upvote 0
The mods have locked the threads because it is an already asked and answered question easily found using the search function provided by the forums.

The answer is, there will be no open beta, there will be a large closed beta. We do not have anything further to announce on it at this time.

Also the date and system specs on steam are placeholder and not final. Until Tripwire announces a date there is no release date (we haven't yet).

Oh dear. I have a feeling that I will be left out of said beta. I always end up being either at school or asleep when American developers announce things.. oh well. Got to stay optimistic.

Upvote 0
It wouldn't make a difference. People fly to these forums, make their thread and expect the whole world to rush to answer them. They're not interested in searching. They're not interested in joining the community. They're interested in their free first-play of HoS, and they want an answer now, damn it.

The # of locked "Beta!" threads on the first page should be enough to tell any mouth breather not to ask. And yet......

That

Upvote 0
I can't believe that some of the long time forum members thought that there would ever be an open beta. All along we heard of a large closed beta, but never an open beta. Of course, I could've missed it, but I certainly never recall anything anywhere being said about an open beta? There was a lot of forum member "TW should" and other "John Q Public knows best" posts, but nothing from TW themselves. Here's your chance fellow forum stalkers..... Prove me wrong in my assertion ... (Ramm saying something in passing to deflect the question in a coversation doesn't count. If that ever happend.).:p

Upvote 0
I can't believe that some of the long time forum members thought that there would ever be an open beta. All along we heard of a large closed beta, but never an open beta. Of course, I could've missed it, but I certainly never recall anything anywhere being said about an open beta? There was a lot of forum member "TW should" and other "John Q Public knows best" posts, but nothing from TW themselves. Here's your chance fellow forum stalkers..... Prove me wrong in my assertion ... (Ramm saying something in passing to deflect the question in a coversation doesn't count. If that ever happend.).:p
Ramm mentioned it on both Crosshairs shows.

He said that they weren't 100% sure if they'd make an open beta or not.

Upvote 0
I haven't had a chance to catch the 2nd Crosshairs show.....

iirc, he sort of 'deflected' the question in the first Crosshairs to (imo) avoid a drawn out discussion of open vs. close by saying they weren't sure. So I use my 'get out of jail free card' (Ramm saying something in passing to deflect the question in a coversation doesn't count.) for the first show. :cool:

I guess now I'll have to listen in on the second show.

Upvote 0
I was always under the assumption that there would at least be a chance to sign up for the "big" beta. Whether or not they're still doing that is beyond my knowledge.

It doesn't really bother me personally, but I know there are people around who would genuinely like a chance at helping in the development process in some other way than making crazy suggestions or defending the game like a rabid fanboy.

I think the biggest problem is that people are too used to hearing the word "beta" these days thrown around like it's a new word for demo. Probably because a lot of developers are guilty of making "betas" that are pretty much exactly that. So you have people around thinking there will be some sort of beta/demo that will be a chance to just play the game early for free, while there are others who have an honest interest in hearing when it'll be coming so that they know when to throw their hat in for a chance at contributing to the game.

Upvote 0
i must be one of very few ro players here who isn't that bothered about it's release date, a beta, the trailers/screens, and rarely posts on what should/could/shouldn't be in it.

Of course i'm looking forward to it, and i have my hopes and fears like anyone else - but i recon i'd find it too stressful being concerned over something i have no control over, so i tend to forget about it - even if it means missing out on all the debate.

Upvote 0
It'd be great if people who were interested in the beta had the goal of actually assisting in the development process rather than just wanting to play the game before its proper release.

Indeed, as that is the only reason to release a Beta for TWI, to get it tested and iron out any bugs, a "try before you buy" version is called a Demo, not a Beta.

That said though, i really hope TWI does make a Demo this time, i know it's more work, but PC gamers have grown so jaded after years of abuse from large developers and publishers, that they won't touch anything new with a 10 foot pole unless they get to try before they buy.

And a free weekend just isen't a Demo, if people aren't aware that it's happening, when it's happening, they won't get to try it (and not everyone keeps up with the Steam news).

Reactions: Uurastaja
Upvote 0
Ramm mentioned it on both Crosshairs shows.
He said that they weren't 100% sure if they'd make an open beta or not.

They still have 20k keys, whether they distribute them openly or through for instance pre-ordering the game doesn't matter that much to most people on these whereabouts.

Aka its not like the big 20k beta is not going to happen it just means that TWI likely chooses a selection criteria for allowing people to participate. With a finite amount of keys if anything, that is probably better than not.

BC2 didn't have an open beta either still everybody that cared could get a key.

Upvote 0
I believie, john sad something like"nowadays betas are multiplayer demos" so they want to make the game as bugless as possible.... (i think it was the 2nd croshairs) even if thats the case i am realy worried, that i cant play the beta because its closed.

i think i would be a good marketing strategie and a good thing for all of us, if the game would go on pre purchase a short time before beta and when you buy it you would get the beta at steam.

well this is just my opinion and the thing with john is not a fact i believe i heard it something like that

koschi :IS2:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.