• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Opel Blitz 3view anyone?

I believe that there was a truck in the mod. Before everyone gets too excited about there being a usable truck vehicle in the game, I think we should hear why it was dropped - were there technical issues with implementing a vehicle which offered no armour protection to its occupants, for example?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a useable truck in game, ZiS or Opel, I just wonder why the truck was dropped from OstFront.

Upvote 0
I believe that there was a truck in the mod. Before everyone gets too excited about there being a usable truck vehicle in the game, I think we should hear why it was dropped - were there technical issues with implementing a vehicle which offered no armour protection to its occupants, for example?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a useable truck in game, ZiS or Opel, I just wonder why the truck was dropped from OstFront.

Good point. Still, at some point, it would be nice for the Russians to have a better transport vehicle for those larger infantry/combined arms maps to prevent players from wasting much of their time running just trying to get near the action. I am sure we will eventually see one or something similar in game.

Upvote 0

the truck had no armor and no guns so it would easily go down by smg and rifle power if made realistic supply trucks weren't used on the actual frontline either they were for the background. So they searched for some armored recon vehicle for the allies and ended up with the clown car. Sadly the main purpose the truck had in the mod transportation was screwed for the allies now.

Upvote 0
Opel Blitz 3view anyone?

m. gl. Lkw 3 t (4x4)
Opel Blitz Type 3.6-6700 A

Airfix 1:76 Scale Vehicle Review

airfix-02315-opel-blitz.jpg
The 3-ton Opel Blitz was the standard cargo truck used by the German army in World War Two. The vehicle had not been designed as a military vehicle, but it proved so successful that Mercedes-Benz was ordered to stop production of its own L3000 3-ton truck in 1943, and manufacture the Opel Blitz under license, instead. The Blitz served on all fronts, and it was fitted with many different body types. Sheet metal shortages dictated that Mercedes-Benz produced its L.701 licensed version of the Opel Blitz with a standardized wooden cab, officially called Einheits-Fahrerhaus.

Upvote 0