• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

OMG can't reinstall !!! HElp pls

COBAS_ZULU

Sep 9, 2011
Yesterday i opened red Orchestra since a while (before christmas i think) and he started upgrading ..840 mb ..i thought it was steam workshop update ...but since then the game wont launch ...
So since then i though i should reinstall the game so i uninstalled it and launched the install from steam ..
After a while steam said that there is an error in installation (the application's configuration is missing)..
So i went to the steam helpdesk following the link ...and it says "Help Desk Error
The specified article does not exist or you do not have permission to view it".

So now ? What i can do to play RO 2? I'm playing it since the beta version...

Thx in advance !

If you have the time and the bandwidth, I would do a thorough uninstallation including (this is important) the documents/my games/ RO2 folder, make sure you have no remnants of the beta left either (make sure you arent opted IN on the beta), then run a registry cleaner and/or uninstaller (like http://majorgeeks.com/Iobit_Uninstaller_d6427.html ) then do a totally new clean install. My 2 cents. EDIT: BTW, you could just try verifying the game local files, or just try deleting the documents/my games/ RO2 folder first, see if that fixes it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a q6600 quad core 2.40ghz 4gb ram..
ati radeon hd 5800

i'm trying some stuff ..it seem that also with the game crashes also steam...
since the last reinstall i was able to play with medium graphics (could play with high but less fps)

So i don't know if it is a steam problem or red orchestra one..

i'm trying to disable the videos on the beginning because game crashes there..

Upvote 0
I have a q6600 quad core 2.40ghz 4gb ram..
ati radeon hd 5800

i'm trying some stuff ..it seem that also with the game crashes also steam...
since the last reinstall i was able to play with medium graphics (could play with high but less fps)

So i don't know if it is a steam problem or red orchestra one..

i'm trying to disable the videos on the beginning because game crashes there..
Add -nostartupmovies to the Launch options.

Attachments

• 2013-01-14_202355.jpg
    2013-01-14_202355.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0