• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

OMG can't reinstall !!! HElp pls

COBAS_ZULU

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011
Yesterday i opened red Orchestra since a while (before christmas i think) and he started upgrading ..840 mb ..i thought it was steam workshop update ...but since then the game wont launch ...
So since then i though i should reinstall the game so i uninstalled it and launched the install from steam ..
After a while steam said that there is an error in installation (the application's configuration is missing)..
So i went to the steam helpdesk following the link ...and it says "Help Desk Error
The specified article does not exist or you do not have permission to view it".

So now ? What i can do to play RO 2? I'm playing it since the beta version...

Thx in advance !

oldslowguy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
AZ, USA
If you have the time and the bandwidth, I would do a thorough uninstallation including (this is important) the documents/my games/ RO2 folder, make sure you have no remnants of the beta left either (make sure you arent opted IN on the beta), then run a registry cleaner and/or uninstaller (like http://majorgeeks.com/Iobit_Uninstaller_d6427.html ) then do a totally new clean install. My 2 cents. EDIT: BTW, you could just try verifying the game local files, or just try deleting the documents/my games/ RO2 folder first, see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

COBAS_ZULU

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011
same problems guys ...after reinstall ..the game crashes at splash screen...
so sad...

I try to verify the cache in steam but it doen't start.....help needed...

Last edited:

r5cya

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2011
San Bruno, California
what are your computer and o.s. specs and what is your free memory and cpu using task manager? if i had to guess, i'd say you were borderline being able to play last time and now your computer is clogged with unneeded stuff.
but that just a purely wild guess.

COBAS_ZULU

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011
I have a q6600 quad core 2.40ghz 4gb ram..
ati radeon hd 5800

i'm trying some stuff ..it seem that also with the game crashes also steam...
since the last reinstall i was able to play with medium graphics (could play with high but less fps)

So i don't know if it is a steam problem or red orchestra one..

i'm trying to disable the videos on the beginning because game crashes there..

Major_Day

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
I have a q6600 quad core 2.40ghz 4gb ram..
ati radeon hd 5800

i'm trying some stuff ..it seem that also with the game crashes also steam...
since the last reinstall i was able to play with medium graphics (could play with high but less fps)

So i don't know if it is a steam problem or red orchestra one..

i'm trying to disable the videos on the beginning because game crashes there..
Add -nostartupmovies to the Launch options.

Attachments

COBAS_ZULU

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011
Thx to all guyz ...at last it seem to be some problem with workshop ..the new update ...i've killed all subscriptions and the game started