• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Oil Rig discovery

Goblin Shark

Jun 15, 2020
I believe everyone who reads this knows about the out of bounds glitch in Maneater. I used it to explore the Oil Rigs beyond the boundarys of the gulf and I notice something, the Oil Rig on the left bottom corner of the map differs from the other ones in the amount of details it has. Why would someone add so much detail to only one Oil Rig that nobody is suposed to see this close? Maybe it will be included in future dlc.

Im going to take a closer look at this Oil Rig with my Land Shark setup and see if I can climb all the way up.

I'll take it back, it has the same amount of details but it differs in having two holes, one at the bottom floor and one at the stage above and its the only Rig which floors have collision. They all have low quality Ropes hanging around and low quality staircases which can only be seen at close distance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe everyone who reads this knows about the out of bounds glitch in Maneater. I used it to explore the Oil Rigs beyond the boundarys of the gulf and I notice something, the Oil Rig on the left bottom corner of the map differs from the other ones in the amount of details it has. Why would someone add so much detail to only one Oil Rig that nobody is suposed to see this close? Maybe it will be included in future dlc.

Im going to take a closer look at this Oil Rig with my Land Shark setup and see if I can climb all the way up.
Since you could get out that far you should have went underwater to see if you noticed anything different.

Upvote 0
Since you could get out that far you should have went underwater to see if you noticed anything different.
I actually did but I only found a Game crash down there. But my travel to the dephts were very intressting, first the whole screen turns white and then as I did go deeper it changes to different shades of gray and then yellow and then I was able to see my shark again but everything else was red and when I moved the camera the screen turned black and the game crashed.

And I found a Hoop right under the seaworld apex orca arena. Why is there a Hoop under the map that nobody is suppossed to see? It even had collision.

Upvote 0
I actually did but I only found a Game crash down there. But my travel to the dephts were very intressting, first the whole screen turns white and then as I did go deeper it changes to different shades of gray and then yellow and then I was able to see my shark again but everything else was red and when I moved the camera the screen turned black and the game crashed.

And I found a Hoop right under the seaworld apex orca arena. Why is there a Hoop under the map that nobody is suppossed to see? It even had collision.
Possibly DLC content. Like in the game's coding. I'm talking about everything that you found. Brilliant find, by the way!

Upvote 0