• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Obligatory "Let the Devs know you're psyched for KF2" thread.

Obligatory "Let the Devs know you're psyched for KF2" thread.

• Total voters
Oh yeah! A true SDK (hopefully there is a library of useful help files too), new graphics, a GHOUL-like system, and high-framerate animated weaponry?! :D

I was one of the few (or was it many?) that bought the first Solider of Fortune game. It was one of the first titles (probably the first) that featured a dismemberment system (GHOUL) with gory effects and such and was actually banned in many European countries and was even halted from being sold here in the U.S. for quite a few months before finally hitting the store shelves. Those who wanted it and later played it, loved it. Being able to blow apart bad guys?! Sweet! Besides, I loved the Spas shotgun and the (generic-looking) silver submachinegun! Weapons of choice for mayhem! (Just a bit of history for folks.)

Since then, I can't readily think of any game that features a dismemberment system. Oh wait, maybe Shadow Warrior (looked like there was dismemberment in the promo vids). I'm giddy at getting a updated KF with SDK. Can't wait for a dedicated server package so I can deploy it to my box! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
images

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KF was and still is my most-played game on Steam despite me stopping with it for a great length of time. I was very disappointed with how it "ended" for me. It's still up there in my fondest game memories and still sat there with my greatest number of hours logged into a single game.

I'm really stoked that KF2 is definitely a thing and I'd love to see what's up with this clean new floor, sooo it's a day-one purchase for me.

Upvote 0
Dosh here. Grab it while you can.

I am excited, not massively, but definitely buying. I am a bit worried about the whole DLC spam, hopefully there will be collections and/or a way to get them all without having to worry to buy them individually.

Edit: I guess I am mostly hyped about the new gore engine. A follow up to Soldier of Fortune's Ghoul? Count me in. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No option for not hyped. Biased poll is biased.

Its by no fault of TWI, but rather due to Irrational gaming and FROM software that I don't hype up games before they're released anymore.

Mite b cool though. Definitely will buy if its a reasonable price point.

Truthfully, TWI has a bit of a history of releasing games that aren't as good as they could be on the first few weeks.

Like RO2.

RO2 is a positively great game, but it had to crawl out of a crappy ditch before it could start to really shine. I'm really hoping that KF2 doesn't suffer from the same problems.

Upvote 0