• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Obligatory "Let the Devs know you're psyched for KF2" thread.

Obligatory "Let the Devs know you're psyched for KF2" thread.

• Total voters

Nephian

FNG / Fresh Meat
So uh, I saw the announcement a few seconds after it went live on Facebook and have been harassing everyone I've ever played KF with about it ever since.

"BE READY." being the overall sentiment I'm expressing.

This is likely the game I'll be investing in a new PC for.

So you might say I'm stoked.

Can I get an Amen?

Acreo Aeneas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
Oh yeah! A true SDK (hopefully there is a library of useful help files too), new graphics, a GHOUL-like system, and high-framerate animated weaponry?! :D

I was one of the few (or was it many?) that bought the first Solider of Fortune game. It was one of the first titles (probably the first) that featured a dismemberment system (GHOUL) with gory effects and such and was actually banned in many European countries and was even halted from being sold here in the U.S. for quite a few months before finally hitting the store shelves. Those who wanted it and later played it, loved it. Being able to blow apart bad guys?! Sweet! Besides, I loved the Spas shotgun and the (generic-looking) silver submachinegun! Weapons of choice for mayhem! (Just a bit of history for folks.)

Since then, I can't readily think of any game that features a dismemberment system. Oh wait, maybe Shadow Warrior (looked like there was dismemberment in the promo vids). I'm giddy at getting a updated KF with SDK. Can't wait for a dedicated server package so I can deploy it to my box! :D

Last edited:

wbakunis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 9, 2013
Yea, i'm happy but not as much as I should be. I'm surprised that Tripwire isn't using UE4. The engine is quite cheap now and shouldn't be too difficult to move everything over.

Last edited:

MandiKitten

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 27, 2012
My clan and I are looking for a beta to play in. Though, I'm sure many other people are, as well. But what better feedback then from those that actually play it as friends?

C_Gibby

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2010
KF was and still is my most-played game on Steam despite me stopping with it for a great length of time. I was very disappointed with how it "ended" for me. It's still up there in my fondest game memories and still sat there with my greatest number of hours logged into a single game.

I'm really stoked that KF2 is definitely a thing and I'd love to see what's up with this clean new floor, sooo it's a day-one purchase for me.

PancreaticDefect

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 8, 2014
I own hundreds of games on Steam alone. Many of which I've played for literally just minutes. Killing Floor had me hooked for 101 hours according to Steam. That speaks volumes. Looking forward to the sequel in a big way. My list of first-day buys is only a few games long so far this year and this is now definitely on there.

Arblarg

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2012
Illinois, U.S.
No option for not hyped. Biased poll is biased.

Its by no fault of TWI, but rather due to Irrational gaming and FROM software that I don't hype up games before they're released anymore.

Mite b cool though. Definitely will buy if its a reasonable price point.

UsF

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2010
Munich, Germany
Dosh here. Grab it while you can.

I am excited, not massively, but definitely buying. I am a bit worried about the whole DLC spam, hopefully there will be collections and/or a way to get them all without having to worry to buy them individually.

Edit: I guess I am mostly hyped about the new gore engine. A follow up to Soldier of Fortune's Ghoul? Count me in. :)

Last edited:

C_Gibby

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2010
No option for not hyped. Biased poll is biased.

Its by no fault of TWI, but rather due to Irrational gaming and FROM software that I don't hype up games before they're released anymore.

Mite b cool though. Definitely will buy if its a reasonable price point.
Truthfully, TWI has a bit of a history of releasing games that aren't as good as they could be on the first few weeks.

Like RO2.

RO2 is a positively great game, but it had to crawl out of a crappy ditch before it could start to really shine. I'm really hoping that KF2 doesn't suffer from the same problems.