• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nvidia Flex

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
I realize this is pretty much an abandoned feature but I felt compelled to mess with it a bit last night...

2 observations/comments I felt like putting out there.

- flex (gibs only) doesn't seem to have the impact on FPS it once did when I first tried it in EA, so that was a nice surprise
- are the intestines supposed to fly straight up (for the most part) during every explosion? This almost becomes comical and I think I may like it lol...

I didn't try running gibs + fluids as I recall that bringing my pc to its knees.

This is completely abandoned correct? No further support/improvement expected?

Last edited:
i mean, most of nvidia tech gets abandoned quickly.
Like Apple, go for initial bang but then piss on support.

And then again any info on fixes or bugs or whatever you'd have to send to them directly, as dev team or publisher have no power over it (all hail closed source tech)

Upvote 0
PhysX and Flex are not the same. They share some code (probably) but the difference in names reflect differences under the hood, as far as I know. Some of the technical people from NVidia had worked on the PhysX implementation for Borderlands (was it PX4?) and were trying out some new ideas with Flex. It started as a sort of "if I could start over" project for them.

Upvote 0
Foster Parent;n2327375 said:
PhysX and Flex are not the same. They share some code (probably) but the difference in names reflect differences under the hood, as far as I know. Some of the technical people from NVidia had worked on the PhysX implementation for Borderlands (was it PX4?) and were trying out some new ideas with Flex. It started as a sort of "if I could start over" project for them.

Any chance of scrapping Flex and creating your own system or using havok? Kind of like what happened with Warframe.

Upvote 0