• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

NVA Vehicles/Squad Leaders

The NVA most certainly did use tunnels.
NVA Armor isn't unrealistic, but there are only two well known instances of them using tanks, once at the Lang Vei Special Forces camp where the US forces did not have any armor of their own. The other time was during the battle of Ben Het, where US M48 tanks did face off against NVA PT76's. The NVA lost two tanks and one BTR-50 APC.

Upvote 0
JokersWarPig;n2334635 said:
The NVA most certainly did use tunnels.
NVA Armor isn't unrealistic, but there are only two well known instances of them using tanks, once at the Lang Vei Special Forces camp where the US forces did not have any armor of their own. The other time was during the battle of Ben Het, where US M48 tanks did face off against NVA PT76's. The NVA lost two tanks and one BTR-50 APC.
Well, in realty Compound and resort aren't real maps and there are a lot of "irrealistic maps", unfortunally you have right, there weren't so much battles. But in realty the Us Army never had attacked Saigon, i think that some battle with tanks isn't more unrealistic that the rest of the campain.

Upvote 0
I didn't mean it that way.
Tanks and APC's for the US have been hard enough to get any word on from the devs and one of those is already (externally at least) modeled. I just don't see the devs making the PT76 for the NVA considering they were such a small part of the war. Its not like MG42 where it's already modeled and would take a much smaller amount of effort to add to the game in comparison.

Upvote 0
I didn't mean it that way.
Tanks and APC's for the US have been hard enough to get any word on from the devs and one of those is already (externally at least) modeled. I just don't see the devs making the PT76 for the NVA considering they were such a small part of the war. Its not like MG42 where it's already modeled and would take a much smaller amount of effort to add to the game in comparison.
I think that the point is one, when you put much variation of mg in general you don't improve the tattics like an Apc or a tank. You have right, but i think about the tattics.

Upvote 0