• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Nonblocking players during trader time as part of the default game

Vaecrius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2010
Burnaby, BC
members.shaw.ca
I've been meaning to suggest this for a while now, but can we please have an official update where players always become passthroughable during trader time without any further mutator? I think making this the default, mandatory or at least "opt out" method can save a lot of people a lot of grief.

[UIT] Akame

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
My own personal hell
Might as well. It is whitelisted, coded, and requires no input by the server creator. One might argue that it is unrealistic, in which case I would respond that gameplay should always trump and design decision if they are ever at odds.

Dolphin Buff Man

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 18, 2010
Victoria, Australia
I like this idea a hell of a lot. I had some D*&^head who wouldn;t get out of the trader door unless I gave him money. I just didn't give them money and I had very little ammo with a hunting shotgun. Lets just say that that next round didn't go in the survivors favour. Having this enabled would stop idiots who stand in the doorway, so yes please.

Reactions: Rainydaykid

Getherer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 2, 2011
Poland/UK
I am up for this idea, BUT it must be ONLY during the trader time.
During the waves players should once again be non passable as it makes the game good as it is now, otherwise it would be just... weird.

Slappy Cromwell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 16, 2009
Tripwire has remained inexplicably resistant to the idea of making the AntiBlocker an official addition to the game since pretty much day one of the mutator's inception. I would love to see it become an integrated part of Killing Floor since I don't believe a single valid reason has ever been proposed to oppose it, but you're going against a decision by Tripwire that's been in effect for literally a year and a half. Sadly, I don't think you're going to have much luck in swaying their opinion after all this time.

Some initial discussion about making the mutator official (which I assume was read by Tripwire) can be seen in the original thread:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34595

Euclix

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2010
Not only does anti stop griefing, but it also just makes trader time less stressful in general. Often, the trader's place is just too small to fit everyone in there.

caeamo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 29, 2009
I like this idea a hell of a lot. I had some D*&^head who wouldn;t get out of the trader door unless I gave him money. I just didn't give them money and I had very little ammo with a hunting shotgun. Lets just say that that next round didn't go in the survivors favour. Having this enabled would stop idiots who stand in the doorway, so yes please.
this is the reason why i like to play with the least 10% friendly fire so if someone ever blocks the trader when the trader opens i could just blast his head off with alt fire of hunting shotgun :D

Reactions: Salad Snake