• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nobody is talking about this new zed...

bogospawn

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Planet Earth
Okay, i seriously dont know what this zed is supposed to be, but it freaks me out. My bet is that its a crawler variation or something.

fbed463e7e6a73b515018fc0254be065ec14730d_full.jpg

Also, in this screenie, right under the fleshpound, there is a "pitch black" zed. Stalker maybe? Or TWI forgot to put the textures on it, lol.

1399657545-1.jpg

Still, we can argue about the crawler's color in this pic. The normal one with the open jaws is black-ish. This one is drab olive green or some ****. We can safely assume its a variation of the crawler, just like the Cyst and Bruise(not sure if its called that) for the Clot.

I don't think we should rule out lighting, which is obviously way more dynamic than in KF. In direct lighting the crawler will appear paler.

Upvote 0
You could be right, but i still see a big color difference here.

9346ae64e3589461db5c42b31834eecb4ca357b1_full.jpg

fbed463e7e6a73b515018fc0254be065ec14730d_full.jpg

There really isn't that big of a color difference. The bottom pic has darker lighting on the crawler's back. If you look at the face and arms, they are the same color as the above pic. It's merely a difference of light source. You can think of it as the crawler creeping out of the shadows or shining a flashlight on its face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:confused: ...

I'm tempted to be a smartass and find two photos of the same celebrity, one with mouth closed and one with mouth open, and ask who can name both of them.

But I'm lazy, so.. eh.

I'd be open to the idea of a crawler variant but I'd damn well hope the difference was bigger than his mouth position. Like, being EVEN MORE spidery.

Upvote 0