• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No RO2 till 2009?

AKA

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
Well, it's been an awfully long time since Tripwire got given the Unreal 3 engine, and over the years theres been alot of discussion on it, but i think we can pin down a release date for it.

Now Tripwire have been careful to release absolutely no information on their new project.

Any game needs to build up a certain amount of hype to sell well. Now seeing as Tripwire have hired quite alot of people, and have all that prize money, im guessing that they're not just going to surprise us all and announce the game 1 week before release as it would be commercial suicide, although that would be cool to see.

So, heres my prediction.

spring 2009 release with the possibility of news/info on their new project in spring 2008.

Hey, maybe Tripwire have been in comm's with Oleg Maddox and they are in kahootz. Maybe they are going to look at releasing compatable games like the old Silent Hunter and Destroyer Command. :eek:

Most likely not, but I haven't heard a good rumour in quite a while. So this one will have to do in the mean time :D

Now if you can all help me spread this rumour, we can create havoc amongst the whiners and ney-sayers, as well as mis lead the innocent :cool::D:D:D

Upvote 0
I heard they are keeping the same high level of realism, but are moving the action away from the front line. RO2 - Tax Assessor will allow players to win the war from behind a desk. Remember, war is hell, and moving the P-143 iron works requisition order from your in tray to your out tray without a cursor is a job that will take plenty of practice.

But tankers need not despair, driving the tea trolley with the wonky wheel is a skill that will test even the most experieced driver. But be careful, TKs are easy to rack up. If you spill tea over a team mates ISO 216 troop movement order form in triplicate, you won't make many new friends.

Upvote 0
I heard they are keeping the same high level of realism, but are moving the action away from the front line. RO2 - Tax Assessor will allow players to win the war from behind a desk. Remember, war is hell, and moving the P-143 iron works requisition order from your in tray to your out tray without a cursor is a job that will take plenty of practice.

But tankers need not despair, driving the tea trolley with the wonky wheel is a skill that will test even the most experieced driver. But be careful, TKs are easy to rack up. If you spill tea over a team mates ISO 216 troop movement order form in triplicate, you won't make many new friends.

:D

/thread

Upvote 0
Any game needs to build up a certain amount of hype to sell well.

Well to bypass the censor on bad words i say.

Neuk Hypes and Zuig all companies who try to sell on hypes and badass
trailers with goofy gameplay and offer less for more money.
And Poep for all companies trying to please all and especcially their wallet
and release games for Wii, XBox, PS3, PSP and o yeah people still play on PC's so let's do a port for them.

I only hope they make a good game with Online MP in mind.

note:
A proper translation for the words written in green bold can be explained by your local Dutch citizen.

Upvote 0
It's not going to be RO2. From everything the devs have said trying to cover up their next game title, I guarantee that it's going to be a new IP... the closest I can see the next game coming to RO is essentially IL-2... but tanks!
You think they are making a tank sim? That would shock me as they have shown mostly contempt and vast swaths of dead silence toward hardcore sim/realism guys. Maybe they just have an extremely unorthodox way of showing solidarity.

Upvote 0
Mmm, yeah I'm not much concerned what their next game is. All I know is that they have left their current one in a flawed state and it appears that the complaint booth is closed. What gets me is all the great ideas they have discarded despite overwhelming demand by players (not just the few lunatic sim fringe like me). I mean why are the semiauto rifles still incapable of using regular stripper clips after all this time? Why is the auto weapon pickup switch still the fumbling juggle fest that it is? Things like that that are so fundamental yet are not addressed really leaves me doubting their judgement for this game and the next.

Upvote 0
Well to bypass the censor on bad words i say.

Neuk Hypes and Zuig all companies who try to sell on hypes and badass
And Poep for all companies trying to please all and especcially their wallet
and release games for Wii, XBox, PS3, PSP and o yeah people still play on PC's so let's do a port for them.

note:
A proper translation for the words written in green bold can be explained by your local Dutch citizen.

Ooooh, creative post Drecks :D can I translate?

In a way you're right. If a product is good (games, music, movies whatever) it will most likely sell. However, if TW's next game will be a multiplayer game, they need one very important thing: a solid player base. And the bigger the hype for a multiplayer game, the bigger the player base.

TW's next game doesn't need a huge media campaign ala Call of Duty 4 or something (because it will only attract asshats), but they definitely need to promote their game if they want a solid player base. Trailers, interviews, a neat looking website etc. Hype is not a bad thing if a game is so good it actually deserves the hype, imo.

First quarter of 2009 is a realistic date, I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dont understand drecks
you want to make love toHypes and lick all companies who try to sell on hypes and badass
And poop:p for all companies trying to please all and especcially their wallet

please explain drecks:D

Upvote 0
please explain drecks:D

Ok

fword.jpg
Hypes and
sword.jpg
all companies who try to sell on hypes and badass
And
sword1.jpg
for all companies trying to please all and especcially their wallet

Upvote 0