• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next RO Patch?

Whilst the strength of the community will always help to overcome certain things, like missing maps, mods, skins, vehicles and such, there are certain things that development crew alone need to attend to. This is partly because they better than anyone else will understand the base code and partly because of legal reasons.
Unless a situation like "Savage" arises, where a player, clan or community purchases the rights to the game, then TWI and TWI authorised trustees will be the only people able to tend certain issues, like bugs and general patching.

For those who don't know "Savage" it was a hybrid RTS/3rd person hack'n'slash-come-shooter. One person was the "commander" who played the game as an RTS and built the base and researched weapons for the other players to use. One very influential player, Jeebus, ended up buying enough shares or something that he gained a casting vote in the majority decisions concerning the game, at least that's what i heard from way back when anyway.

Upvote 0
We asked for 3D Voice Command since 1941, I hope the last patch will include that. The number of players of RO:OST haven't increase so much since the last patch, I believe that the number of players will keep dropping since there will be more and more new FPS coming out in the near future, I hope STEAM will give people another free week when the Darkest Hour mode is done so that the game will live longer...

Upvote 0
I just hope that the next patch is more like a patch than just adding new stuff to RO.

P.S. pls "fix" the 3d sounds.

Yeah tanks and maps are now in my opinion totally up to the community. Their last map was met with a certain amount of critisism on these forums and I doubt they'll do another. Their latest tank was an adaptation, and there's so much already in the pipeline from the community so i doubt they'l add another clean sheet design- its hard work.
If we get a final update - and I doubt we're due much- i just hope they take the most telling issues that attract the most opinion and finally put them to bed. For example the pick up system and local chat would be a good bet.
Adding full 3d positional audio would be awesome but that might be pushing it.

Upvote 0
yeah all these weapons would be nice but again like vehicles and maps I think it's up to the community to provide them.

I still say better the devs tie up any niggley loose ends of the gameplay, which should be consistant accross the board and be part of the final package - rather than add items that motivated people with a bit of effort could do themselves anyway.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0