• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hi

Hi

Hi All

My name is KilluH! Im a little late to the party it seems.

I bought RO off steam last saturday due to being a game addict and an old DoD player. Well I have to say that i cant believe i let this game pass through my fingers. I played RO (and newly aquired ToW) for 25 hours straight I liked them so much. And Im old I shouldnt be doin that! (40)

It rocks. I was playing BFBC2 and although I think thats fun RO gives me that feeling of acomplishment every time i actually hit and kill that I dont get anywhere else. In BFBC2 i cant get killed by a sniper with a pistol - in RO nobody pulls their pistol unless they have to. I like that a lot.

I read the topic on "zoom view" and Im looking forward to seeing it in RO2 because ive Tk'd guys who were just blobs of pixels in the distance.

I like the realistic aspects of RO more than anything and the tanks are orgasmic. Although the maps arent current gen some of them are so well thought and so atmospheric it really impresses me.

Im now hooked on RO and have told my two pals who like the realism and they will soon be coming.

Thanks all. Seeya out there

J (KilluH!)

Upvote 0
Greetings...

Greetings...

I'm an old fart who enjoys playing with my friends online as it tends to keep me out of the bars...if we had some in this town! I've been playing games since BF1942 came out and moved on of course...sick of EA, still play DoD:S, INS, and some LFD2 to just hang out with friends. I have been getting burned out on DoD:S...kill, die, spawn over and over...until a community member recommended RO. I loaded it up last night and have played around with it some and am blown away!

I've read some general discussions about the marketing of the game, the slow pace, etc., but I feel like I can really get into the realism! I think the "slow" pace and map sizes will make you really think about strategy and hopefully work as a team to take the objectives!

I'll be knocking around in practice mode some so I don't act like a complete n00b when I hit a full server...

...but I look forward to learning more about this little gem and hope to have some damn fun in the future! :D

Bass

Upvote 0
Hey there, Blobsticks here :)
I just bought RO last week from Steam. I love Killing Floor (who doesn't like zombie slaying?) but I also wanted a game that takes a bit of time and thinking.. so I'm taking the plunge and now awaiting the Mac release being as my poor old pc is on it's last legs. :)

So yeah, get ready to kick my *** in game, I'll be the super nub who has no kills and 56 deaths to his name :)

Cheers all!
Scott.

Upvote 0
Hi there ,
im like old at kf forums but new in this one , i bought the game yesterday and i have a lil question : is it ok that boths marenostrum and darkest hour are bigger than the game itself ? i mean , everything is almost done with the dling but it calls my atention how big the file size is comparing with the game .
Anyway hello again and greetings .

Upvote 0
Just purchased Red Orchestra from Steam today for $9.99. Steam downloaded and installed Red Orchestra, along with two mods - Darkest Hour and Mare Nostrum. I researched both mods and they seem like great addons to the game.

I realize that this game has been around for quite some time, but I will try to get some good games in online to get used to the game and see if I like it enough to move to the new Heroes of Stalingrad game in the future - that is the plan.

Hopefully I fit in with the existing community and I'll look to comment on these forums from time to time.

Upvote 0
Welcome Xvelocity!

Intro, I've been a active clanner since 07'. Member of RTR, I left then about two weeks later AKA was formed been there since. Fortunate to have played against some of the best clans around. you name it....from LS to ebomb to TK to SIN to RTR to TaT to 50pc to OF to cc// you name it, more than likely we've played'em. The more you play, the more likely you are to meet great individuals and great clans.

Thank you all for providing myself and clanmates the gg's we've had.

HOS or bust!

Upvote 0
hello

hello

i am new to this game as i just purchased it. i've been at Steam as Ll0tse(can you believe 'Llotse' was taken already ? lol) for a while and also belong to gnd-tech forum for gamers(armaII, battlefield 2 mostly ) and overclockers( all hard core tech is THOROUGHLY discussed. you should check it out. it's tight. )
i also play Sniper Elite online.
see you in the forum,
-Llotse

Upvote 0
I'm new to the forums, I don;t actually have this game or a working gaming PC, but I played it at my Uncles house and now I'm obsessed with it, now I want to get a gaming PC for this game and Warband.

I've always had an interest in realism, and can't stand most shooters, I love the realism and technical nuances of RO.

Upvote 0
I have been playing RO for about five weeks and become immersed in it. It is a game which gets better as its subtleties are discovered. I have developed a preference for melee combat particularly bayonetting.

I enjoy seeing how others play the maps and would like to join a clan in which teamwork is valued. So is there a group who is looking for a keen infantryman? Check out my profile on Steam: "Volunteer".

Upvote 0
Hey G!4c0mo! That's awsome. Radiology is quite nice, especially if one prefers not to have his hands stuck too deep in somebody's bowels :D

Nice to "meet" you guys. The warm welcome speaks for the quality of this community.
And don't worry about the k/d ratio--in RO, some days you're running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying not to get shot, and some days you are a bolt-action death machine who single-handedly turns the tide of war. It's a really cool game in either case.

If you can pick up UT04 for ten euros, i'd get the practice in now by playing the mod--the cost of RO:O itself is much less than it probably should be for the fun you'll have.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I read about this game years ago but wasn't really into online gaming (also because my connection was s-l-o-w).
Now I came across it again and after reading some threads and watching the number of active players (steam stats) i decided to try it instead of waiting for Heroes which am not sure my PC will manage to run.
Have had very little gaming online so far and am more a moving target than anything but it is fun. Maybe i should try with TS.

See you

Upvote 0