• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF New Demo Weapons Issue

Tefaan

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2012
Hi,
I was trying out the new Demo weapons. I noticed that people can detonate your bombs and rockets before the timer runs out or the rockets hit their target. I'm pretty sure that the flamethrower can do that. The thing is if you're playing with a flamer you will hurt yourself if it detonates too early. And also you won't hit your target.

Then I also think to have something else noticed. When people detonate your bombs with grenades they hurt themselves. I'm not quite sure about that but I had a strange case where a guy threw some grenades and the explosives seemed to have killed him. Maybe it was just his grenades which detonated too early because of my bombs.

The third thing I've noticed is when they detonate your bombs it seems like they get the kill and the damage registration instead of you.

If you also experienced that, please post that here.

Thanks for the info. I remember that too. The grenades can be detonated by other grenades but the flamethrower? It doesn't detonate them, does it?

Yes it does, friendly only I think though. Can't say for sure. I generally use the fire grenade + flamethrower trick for instant explosions as Firebug. Only for the sc/fp/pat/groups close by.

Upvote 0
It could be that I'm just horrible at Demolitions, but even at Level 6 an M32 isn't enough to do it for me. Of course it could also be that I'm just firing all 6 grenades at the FPs at once (I only do it when I'm the only one that can deal with it).

5 grenades to the general head / upper body area. Take your time and adjust aim if FP gets moved around by explosions. That's all there's to it, really.

Upvote 0
5 grenades to the general head / upper body area. Take your time and adjust aim if FP gets moved around by explosions. That's all there's to it, really.

Hmm, I should really try learning tricks after playing the game for over a year now. Would probably explain why I can barely beat 9 out of 10 waves on any given map in hard mode pubs, but I digress.

Upvote 0

From what I've learned, it's also enough if you shoot a Fleshpound the whole magazine of the harpoon bomber in the face. It just requires good aiming.

The interesting thing is it seems like you need more shots on a Scrake than on a Fleshpound. I need to shoot the Scrake at least two magazines of the SeekerSix and one of the Harpoon Bomber. Maybe I didn't hit him in the head but that happened several times. For me it is actually harder to kill a Scrake than a Fleshpound.

Upvote 0
Maybe that has something to do with the fact that scrakes have actually more health than FPs and don't have 2x damage modifier vs. explosives?

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info again but why are you so bugged? I knew that it has lots of health but I didn't know it was actually more than the Fleshpound has. I'm not very familiar with all the technical infos.

Upvote 0
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info again but why are you so bugged? I knew that it has lots of health but I didn't know it was actually more than the Fleshpound has. I'm not very familiar with all the technical infos.
Scrake health: 1000 (Erm what, was this changed recently?? It use to be a few hundred different to the Fleshpound...)
Scrake head health: 1000
Scrake resistances: N/A
Scrake is the tank of the zeds other then the Bloat (who is more of a nuisance then a tank).

Fleshpound health: 1500
Fleshpound head health: 700
Fleshpound resistances: Takes x2 explosive damage. Headshot damage over 1.5x is halved (?).
Fleshpound is the scarey OH CR4P moment of rushing in with so much damage for the rest to follow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, I should really try learning tricks after playing the game for over a year now. Would probably explain why I can barely beat 9 out of 10 waves on any given map in hard mode pubs, but I digress.
If you're not confident with headshots then you can throw a nade, detonate it with a shot of M32 before he tries to dodge it. Throw another nade or two while rages and set them off with another M32 shot (or more if he's still alive).
Means less reloading to be done of the M32, just have to keep an eye on your grenade count if you rely on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0