• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Need M2 Carbine Model!

is it separate mod or for HOTW?

I've talked to Moskeeto, He seemed fine with it as long as it was historically accurate. It indeed could be used with HotW, I wouldn't mind putting it in there.
It was meant as a standalone mod for RS, but it could be used in HotW.
Honestly I'm hoping TWI would be willing to make it official but we can only hope...
There are quite a few 3d models available for free or nearly free online.

Turbosquid M2 Carbine Free Model

3D CAD Browser M2 Carbine Model
Yes, I have noticed this, however the problem is that all that needs to be done is add the select fire switch and change the mag, Unfortunately I can't do this, which is why I'm asking for help.
Second I'd have to texture the models... and attempt to make them look like the in-game M1 Carbine.
If someone is willing I'd really appreciate it, this is the final step before I ask TWI if they'd make it official, if not I'd simply add it as a Mutator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i can help you with model and animation if it will be in HotW

Great I'd be fine with it in HotW!
As long as it can become a mod later on for RS.
The US issued conversion kits during the final days in Europe, so it did see use.
It saw more use during the invasions of Okinawa & the Philippines
Most of the animations can be recycled, only ones that need tweaking would be the reloading.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think it needs next things:

A little bit changed model with new mag, fire mode selector ( and iron sight? ) for 3rd and 1st;
Small texture for new parts
2 reload animations.

But i am now busy a bit with IOM, making flamethowers and new tanks interiors. I think i can help you after 1,15 released.

Thanks! The help is much appreciated!
I don't believe the iron sights changed. I'll check but I'm 80% sure it isn't.

Upvote 0