• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Need help with your server? Just ask

Best and only way of hosting a dedicated server suggested would be to use a .bat file. Basically you should have a .bat file in your system folder roughly named "KFDedi.bat" or "RunServer.bat" or something (you get my drift). Basically what you do is, edit the file, add your command line and then run this. It will come up with a command prompt box that litrally is your server. Keep this running and your server will stay online.

I suggest checking this thread out: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=30579[/URL]

If you still need help, ask away. :)

Upvote 0
Hi, just wondering why this happens, I made a server for me and my mates to play on some doom map and have set the parameters for it, set my self as admin with password, used the in-game menus to configure server and hit "dedicated" so the console came out and loaded the map... I connected via running KF again from steam and joined my local game... Then my mates joined from the net... And all of them became admin... How do I set it admin to be just me... So i can see their pings. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi, just wondering why this happens, I made a server for me and my mates to play on some doom map and have set the parameters for it, set my self as admin with password, used the in-game menus to configure server and hit "dedicated" so the console came out and loaded the map... I connected via running KF again from steam and joined my local game... Then my mates joined from the net... And all of them became admin... How do I set it admin to be just me... So i can see their pings. Thanks.
Wow I must admit I have never seen this before. What i'd suggest is to leave the admin settings as default and ONLY change the password to your desired password. This way you will only have to use the "adminlogin passwordhere" command to log in.

Upvote 0
Its posseble? running server in local network with out internet connection but with workings perks like achivments, level and etc... ????
I highly doubt it because the servers have to connect the the main server which checks the whitelist compared to your files. Without the whitelist, the achievements, perks etc don't know whether they can be used.

For this sort of thing i'd say use Macro's ServerPerks as it bypasses everything and you have custom perks used.
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36065[/URL]

Upvote 0
Hi
I want to make a server with hamachi, because i dont want to open the ports.
My cuestion is:
Is there a way to make a server with hamachi?
It seems a bunch of people have this problem but i haven`t read a clear answer.
Thanks in advance :D
Not sure how it would be done but if its Hamachi, you'll need people to be running it in order to connect.

It would be a lot easier to rent a server or have someone set one up for you.

Upvote 0
Not sure how it would be done but if its Hamachi, you'll need people to be running it in order to connect.

It would be a lot easier to rent a server or have someone set one up for you.

Agreed although it is possible to do this it would be alot of time and effort for the sake of a couple pound/dollars you might as well rent a server

I can help you set this up though if you still want to do it

Upvote 0
Agreed although it is possible to do this it would be alot of time and effort for the sake of a couple pound/dollars you might as well rent a server

I can help you set this up though if you still want to do it
I don't think it'll be that hard to setup as Hamachi pretty much turns the internet connections to the local machine into a LAN network right? Once connected it should just be the IP that may cause a problem I would of thought. Well im guessing as it's been a looooong time since I touched Hamachi (about 6 years ago atleast) but good luck mate and if you find something please share.

Upvote 0
I don't think it'll be that hard to setup as Hamachi pretty much turns the internet connections to the local machine into a LAN network right? Once connected it should just be the IP that may cause a problem I would of thought. Well im guessing as it's been a looooong time since I touched Hamachi (about 6 years ago atleast) but good luck mate and if you find something please share.

It works as a hosted VPN, you create a VPN on the host website, all clients download the client and log into the VPN this adds a new network connection for each client so it seems like your on a LAN for all those computers on the VPN

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/

Its actually really easy to setup, but considering it only has a free trial now, id rather just rent a server

Upvote 0