• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation My first textured Mesh / Rotating Motor

Spaehling

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Germany
www.spaehling.de
Hey guys,

first of all i wanna show you some progress of MAYA i've done. thanks a lot to GrimReality teaching me some stuff in Maya. by the way i like maya much more than 3ds max :D its a small progress of a t-16 with my first uv-texture-map.

has nothing to do with ro2 ^^

some of you played maybe my map TE-Climbup. i added some stukas, which was inside the sdk. but the only thing is, that the mesh has no rotating motor.

can i export the mesh from sdk inside maya, turn the motor off, make an animation roation and put it back to sdk? i never made an animation, maybe i take a look first in the udk tutorial video stuff, but has anyone some usefull tipps for me?

greetz

Last edited:
Hey, I flew this T-16 in 1993 on my 486DX2-66. Good choice! :D

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can i export the mesh from sdk inside maya, turn the motor off, make an animation roation and put it back to sdk? i never made an animation, maybe i take a look first in the udk tutorial video stuff, but has anyone some usefull tipps for me?

greetz

Don't know if this is a good solution, but maybe you could put a plate/disc in front of the motor and add a rotating transparent texture on it?!

Last edited:
Reactions: marcelo
Upvote 0
hm i dont know. i thought something like:

- rotor single
- no rotor on the stuka
- snap the rotor to the stuka

and then make an matinee animation, or an real 3d animation. but i dont know how to snap objects to an matinee object. because its impossible to get external stuff, follow an object with an own movement.

@K@n@y
hrhr yeah but the wehrmachts spaceship were really crap in that movie. i mean they need an ipad for their power... if they tooked win7 and an i7 they should maybe have invaded the earth. ;)

Upvote 0