• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

I was playing around with this mod and then connected to a few larger non-whitelisted servers with an issue of different versions of this mod. They were running a v5 of this mod?

Was that a beta some servers were running or a custom version? It was mostly from Eastern Europe... and their huds were totally different with levels up to 30!

The only way for me to connect to all servers was to delete the mod from my system folder and let it update the cache as I jumped from server to server...

Maybe each version should have new filenames such as serverperkv4 or serverperkv5 instead of just serverperk.xxx

Upvote 0
I was playing around with this mod and then connected to a few larger non-whitelisted servers with an issue of different versions of this mod. They were running a v5 of this mod?

Was that a beta some servers were running or a custom version? It was mostly from Eastern Europe... and their huds were totally different with levels up to 30!

The only way for me to connect to all servers was to delete the mod from my system folder and let it update the cache as I jumped from server to server...

Maybe each version should have new filenames such as serverperkv4 or serverperkv5 instead of just serverperk.xxx

Problem is that many server hosts run edited version of it, even though a lot of those changes could be made without modifing original serverperks mod.
This kind of makes me want to source strip/protect the mod and release only partial source to prevent all custom modifications of it.

Upvote 0
Problem is that many server hosts run edited version of it, even though a lot of those changes could be made without modifing original serverperks mod.
This kind of makes me want to source strip/protect the mod and release only partial source to prevent all custom modifications of it.

I think you should because modifying and recompiling a released .u file defeats the purpose of UnrealScript and, as other people have found out, causes package issues when the lazy modder doesn't rename the package.

Upvote 0

Please say it ain't so. :( Can we edit responsibly? I use a slightly modified name so players won't get version mismatches. Is this allowed? I hope so :(

Upvote 0
Hi:)

Thank you for many program.

The problem occurred by the ServerPerksHost v1.10.
Many players are not recorded.

V1.00 no problem.
I am doing the rollback to V1.00 now.

Initialization error of a new player ???:confused:

Host.ini
Code:
[General]
KeepAliveTime=60.0
Port=6000
Password="Pass"
bMergeMatchingNames=False

Data.ini
Code:
[00000000000000000]
Player1=
[11111111111111111]
Player2=
[22222222222222222]
Player3=

Upvote 0
Updated serverperks to version 5, check the first post for download link.
You'll also need to update the ServerPerksHost on the server machine to keep the stats working.

How I can change the symbol of the perks? I have the Unreal Development Kit but only seems to work for maps.
Unreal Development Kit has nothing to do with Killing Floor.

Reactions: HuNteR-
Upvote 0
Updated serverperks to version 5, check the first post for download link.
You'll also need to update the ServerPerksHost on the server machine to keep the stats working.

Unreal Development Kit has nothing to do with Killing Floor.

Any help in how add custom characters? I mean... the code or something..... the info at the .upl?

Upvote 0
Any help in how add custom characters? I mean... the code or something..... the info at the .upl?

Well, I just added the Stig by having the UPL and having that name in the list. How this translates on the server I am not sure, as a client cannot download the upl file but I am more than positive that Marco has that figured out.

Upvote 0
I am compiling a Pack of like 5 Skins for release to use with this mod.... maybe in 2 days will be released.
I think i'll start releasing some characters myself as I have like 10 installed on my custom server currently. Not my creations but characters I only coded and made custom portraits for. We'll see about releasing them when I get time maybe tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I think i'll start releasing some characters myself as I have like 10 installed on my custom server currently. Not my creations but characters I only coded and made custom portraits for. We'll see about releasing them when I get time maybe tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to these too but will the original creators mind if these are released?

Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to these too but will the original creators mind if these are released?
Would you believe it I actually PMed a few authors asking if I could use the character in my character mutator but I have not had a reply since I first messaged about my release being made. Obviously credits go to them but I think they'll be proud to see their creations finally being in use the way it should be. :)

Upvote 0
Would you believe it I actually PMed a few authors asking if I could use the character in my character mutator but I have not had a reply since I first messaged about my release being made. Obviously credits go to them but I think they'll be proud to see their creations finally being in use the way it should be. :)

Sorry Flux. I meant well when I said that. It's just that there has been trouble of late about using other people's work. I just want to make sure I don't step on anybody else's toes.

Upvote 0
Sorry Flux. I meant well when I said that. It's just that there has been trouble of late about using other people's work. I just want to make sure I don't step on anybody else's toes.
Yeah I didn't take it in a bad way as me and Braindead have spoken about this like I said above, I was going to release some characters with my mutator version so non-coders could have some characters ready made. I take your comment as a decent one for double checking.

Upvote 0