• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MP40 2 unlock should be booed off the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stray cat

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
I think balancing the unlucks to even out imbalances in weaponry of both sides is a very bad idea. Especially if they are skewing the historical imbalance.

Example
While it is cool for the german MG34 to have unlocks that offer larger magazine capacities over the DP28, it is not cool for an MP40 to get larger or double magazines just to get balanced against the 71 round drum mag of a PPSH41.
This game is supposed to cater to the realism crowd. And we value historically backed imbalances over "fair" gameplay.
If you are getting mopped in close range room to room combat by angry russians with a PPSH41 and a 71 round drum mag, well then its liek that and it is supposed to be like that. Giving the german side a super rare piece of equipment to be matched against a super common one (PPSH drum mag) just feels bad.

Therefore, let us boo the MP40 2 off the stage or at least make the unlock appear much later.
Russians are supposed to have superiority in the close range ***-handing department namely by use of the PPSH drum mag.

Finally the community is starting to see the realistic side of things!!

citizen_cane.gif

Upvote 0
Aye, I agree, I think the MP40/II is a bit silly. I don't mind the idea of it being in a match where it is RARE, but not as an unlock that EVERYONE is going to be using at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone made an "authenticity" mutator to remove some of the extra fluff for the realism fans. I still think the MP40/II would be fun to have in-game, just not the way it currently is.

Upvote 0
Gameplay (thus balance) > realism. Things were not realistic in ROOST as well for the sake of balance.

But there -is- balance. The MP40, despite it's smaller mag, is easier to control for long-distance shots. The PPSh, with it's monster drum mag and huge RoF, is murder in CQC. Give the MP40 a huge mag, and suddenly you have a weapon just as effective indoors as out, while the PPSh is still stuck as a strictly CQC weapon.

Upvote 0
Wow, so everyone is going to be running around with a double mag MP-40 after the game has been out a while? Christ, I seem to remember Ramm telling us that it would be very rare.

How exactly can it be considered balance giving the MP40 a double magazine unlock (which really should be restricted to heroes), in order to counter the 71 round drum when the MP-40 is much more accurate and controllable and the PPSh-41 is somehow missing the select-fire that it had in real life?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.