• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Movement..what is more effective.

oldsoldier173

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Ceresco, NE
This is a 'game' with no consequence, yet you can influence the battle far more than you know by not dieing.

I watch folks throw a smoke grenade and then attempt a 100m dash to the next point they desire. Pretty easy for me, as the 'bad' guy runs, get a machine gun, or smg, fire 'belt' high sweeping the smoke with fire and 'smoke does not make you bulletproof'. The three to five second 'rush' cover to cover works far better. Pick your next covered position that is a 3 second 'dash' away. Get up, run to that point saying to yourself "he is going he see's me NOW", and get down, move 3-5 meters right or left and repeat do not get up again in the same spot you dropped.

Most maps have a good 'concealment' route to wherever, you just have to use the above 3-5 seconds and make it happen, takes some time, but far faster than die, respawn, repeat. There are so many covered routes that I still find it funny as troops continue the 'hey, diddle, diddle, charge down the middle, and then get po'd because they died as they try a 100m dash in the open, and accuse the shooter as somehow 'cheating'.
Another 'trick' is run upright like a 'bot', the minute I see a hunched over 'runner', HUMAN, priority target. There is Mr. Murphy and you could still be the 'lucky' one targeted running like a 'bot', but if you act like a 'HUMAN' too easy.

Other problem, you have a tank or machinegun 'supporting' your team movement, you throw the smoke for your 'personal' move and all you do is eliminate any accurate 'suppression fire' from you team mates, you 'blind' everyone in that zone trying to take targets under fire so your movement is 'safer' for you, not the total team effort. We on pub servers once there is an 'understanding' have attacked even 'Bridges' and 'Apartments' never having to throw smoke one. Good suppressive fires and you can easily move where you want, and have a better chance of getting there. If you need smoke that 'bad' you are doing something 'wrong'. All throwing smoke really does is tell the bad guys where you are and where you are attempting to go. Defenders should never use smoke, UNLESS needed to blind the 'tank'. Your commander, if he knows what he is doing looks for 'bad guy' smoke to adjust the movement or defense, smoke tell him exactly where the 'bad guys' are and he can react accordingly.

Last edited: