• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Horzine/Sci Fi weapons

Tefaan

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2012
I think the ZED cannon is just brilliant. And I like the idea of sci fi weapons. Maybe we'll find some new Horzine weapons in the future like a laser pistol which makes less damage and more slowing down the enemy and stuff. It's an idea to make weapons more helpful than powerful. This idea is spread all over the forum, I know. So the ZED cannon is one step in this direction and I love it. I'd love to see more things like the ZED.

I'll take more Medic Guns, but ones that have different operating mechanics, like what I listed in my idea. As much as I love being Medic, I honestly don't exactly see why I'd use the Vector. At most it just replaces either the MP7 or MP5 in my loadout.

Edit: Did a bit of math related to the Kriss, it seems it's the most powerful Medic gun in DPS by quite a long shot. In any case, I still want more medic guns that aren't basically just better guns in the DPS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Considering Horzine were the ones to work on specimens it's only logical that they devised weapons to deal with them if needed.

But frankly the demos should be the priority now, the M4-203 is unreliable for it's price and they still don't have an onperk weapon that will not blow up their faces if they use it at close range.

Upvote 0
Id love to see more si-fi weapons. Nothing too outlandish but it would give things an interesting take

We have millions of those already, come on people. Lets get Brens, Enfields, Sterlings, Colts, Browning HPs, PPSh-41, that kind of thing. Some truly iconic gear.

Also it's worth mentioning, I would support futuristic/super-modern weapons IF they were tied to the medic perk. The super-tech weapons seem to fit so well with the medic, look at all his current guns. It's a unique little trend for him. At least it should be unique AND NOT INFECT EVERY BLINKIN' OTHER PERK Imeangee.

There's gotta be what, 7 guns in the game that aren't super-modern tacticool outlandish wierd things, right? The rest of them are either modern, modern experimental, close to modern, prototypes, tacticool'd-out, outlandish, or from the future.

Upvote 0
To be honest I'm sick of these second world war guns. In so many games you get those(or maybe I'm just playing to much those games). It's alright to have two or three of those but please don't overwhelm it. The PPSh-41 sounds good. You had one weapon of every most acting nation of the second world war. I'm open for new guns, ideas and perks. The game hasn't been finished yet completely in my opinion. How about new zeds and new attacks for them?

Upvote 0
To be honest I'm sick of these second world war guns. In so many games you get those(or maybe I'm just playing to much those games). It's alright to have two or three of those but please don't overwhelm it. The PPSh-41 sounds good. You had one weapon of every most acting nation of the second world war. I'm open for new guns, ideas and perks. The game hasn't been finished yet completely in my opinion. How about new zeds and new attacks for them?

Technically, Enfields, Colts, Browning HPs, and Sterlings are not WW2 weapons.

There are in fact only three WW2 weapons in the game, don't be silly.

I'll give you the bren and PPSh though. There we go, five WW2 weapons. As opposed to 42 other weapons in the game that are not WW2 weapons, make that 45 if you count the grenade types. 47 if you count the medic syringe and welder as part of the equipment list.

Would we be getting close to fair if we have a total of 5 WW2 weapons as opposed to the 47?

5 vs 47, that's definitely a substantial amount of WW2 weapons in the game now. :)

PS: Also ironically, the Bullpup is literally the only british weapon in the entire game.

Upvote 0
You're right. There are not many second world war weapons. So one or two could be added to the game.

Yes exactly.

But to be absolutely fair, the weapons I listed DO have WW2 models, but there are versions that have a certain flair to them that isn't quite WW2.

Lets go with the Sten/Sterling for example, google them up if ya want. The Sten was made in WW2, looks ugly, but it's brit iconic. The Sterling came out after the war, looks a lot more modern (badass in comparision, too) and is used in the 80s.

Colt and Browning HP pistols have very modern counterparts considering how long they've been produced for, and their iconicness remains.

Enfield rifles are still in use today, and they've come far from what they were in WW2. They're still bolties with wooden furniture, but they look very sleek and well-made, much like modern-day civilian hunting rifles.

A lot of people have asked for a 'murican Colt .45, which is an extremely iconic weapon that is 101 years old, and Enfields, Brens, and Sterlings are so british it's what the game needs. People have been asking for British weapons since the retail version first released, so there's definitely good reason for TWI to add them.

Bren and PPSh-41 are WW2 as hell though. But the Bren is extremely unique to any game really and the PPSh-41 serves as a plain excellent complement to the MKB, which in turn gives us two weapons that fit the Red Orchestra skins. It also will end up as the high-cap low-calibre high-ROF bullet hose, I imagine.

You're right. There are not many second world war weapons. So one or two could be added to the game. But I'm more interested in sci fi stuff. Not just to have a light show. It's more the way they work. Those don't just shoot bullets.

What kind of sci-fi weapon should be added though? There's the obvious medic guns, but we can't get too ridiculous.

The ZED gun is pretty good though. I'd like to see another weapon with a very unique function just like that that isn't tied to any perk. It has potential.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's true the Sten is left over in many games with the WWII theme. So it's a good idea for a new weapon in Killing Floor.
And my idea for a sci fi weapon is a make-shifted high tech pistol which shoots some sort of bullets which go through the bodies into the next behind and the alternative fire could be working as a little taser in short range for everything under the bloat.
I'm not that creative to tell you the exact kind of weapon which also should fit into Killing Floor. But I hope it's the right way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That'd be like another M14 with a mere 8 shots and no laser sight.
something between the M14 and the winchester. The other other optins for a SS are pistols, X-bow and M99. Pistols aren't viable at higher difficulties, and M99 is too expensive, so SS don't have as much choice as it might look at first sight.
(All this implying that the M1 garand would be a SS weapon, which I guess it would.)

Upvote 0