• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More dust from bullet hits

I like it. I'm glad you thought of this, it happens all the time to me at the range (usually shooting into a mound of sand or dirt) but I didn't think of the effects it could have on gameplay. Would be great to have an MG supress an area and literally have it start clouding up on the players screen who is suppressed until the dust settles. It would add an awesome element to firefights, trying to make out targets through kicked up particles and pot-shotting to return the favor of a cloudy screen! Yeah, do it TWI, do it soon.

Upvote 0
I'd like the dust to stick around a little for a while too, irl there would be a difference between outside and inside due to wind conditions but as that is unlikely to be possible some middle ground on how long it takes to disperse/blow away must be found. Something like 3-5 seconds? But it needs testing to know for sure.

Upvote 0
If its anything at all like the M82 barret..
**** should fly around the muzzle of that rifle.

And yes, more dirt flying up when bullets hits the ground =) atm we hardly see MGs shooting at sand ^^

but I suppose the preformence troll shows up again >_>

The barret has a BIG muzzle break, that sends a large pressure wave out the sides, something that does not happen on non muzzle breaked barrels.

( the pressure wave can be felt when standing next to regular rifles like a 7.62x39 vz or a 7.62x54R SVT 40 ).

Upvote 0