• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Crossperk and suggestion for a new weapon

Mr. Blonde

Nov 29, 2016
It would be real nice if you can crossperk the medic grenade launcher rifle with demolitionist, then the demolitionist has a medic weapon they can use. Second, Crossperk all single handguns for the sharpshooter class. It would be nice to have a medic sniper rifle or a medic crossbow since we already a medic melee weapon, and are going to have a flamethrower-type medic weapon..... Why not!?

Don't see how the 501 would be useful for the Demo, though if we're to talk about weapons already in the game, here's my personal list of weapons that should be cross-perk

Singular 1911 Pistol for Commando: I still find the usefulness of the 1911 questionable since the 1858 buff from the summer of 2018. Giving a singular 1911 to the Commando would at least allow a 12 round pistol with 77.5 damage per round (Assuming that the player is Level 25 and is using both Hollow Point Rounds and High Capacity Magazines)

Hemogoblin for Demolitionist: I still think the most prudent move would be to rework the damn thing to function as an explosive weapon with heal darts. Usage of the upgrade system could potentially allow an explosive-based Hemogoblin to act as a sidegrade to the RPG-7.

Seal Squeal for Sharpshooter: Using this thing honestly feels more like a Ballistic weapon first and an explosive weapon second. I reckon that a Sharpshooter would want to use the harpoons to build up a Rack 'em Up stack, while also activating Sniper and Stability prior to the detonation of the harpoon explosives. Plus, it would really be nice to see an end to the Sharp vs Demo debates and I think the most efficient way to do this is to have a Sharp/Demo cross-perk.

Healthrower for Firebug: As a weapon, the Healthrower actually sucks. I feel like this weapon exists people seem to have this uncanny ability to dodge medic darts despite the auto-aim mechanic tied to them. I'd like to think that if it were to benefit from the Firebug's perk skills, the Healthrower would have greater killing potential, while also allowing the Firebug to carry a Medic Weapon alongside the Helios.

Freezethrower for Firebug: See this thread in the Steam forums

As for new weapons:

Revolving Rifle for Field Medic/Sharpshooter/Gunslinger: I dunno why, but i feel like a DMR for the Medic could actually work as a high damage tier 2 in the form of a modified revolving rifle chambered to fire syringes (The downside would be that it uses ammo for healing, rather than regenerative darts). Also, the Gunslinger totally needs a third rifle.

Glock-18 for SWAT/Gunslinger (pistol only)/Berserker (Pistol/Shield): Because people won't shut up about giving the SWAT a riot shield, and i still think it'd just be an SMG that can be used for parrying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze and Mr. Blonde
Upvote 0
Whould be nice if more pistols would work with Commando's "Fallback" and "Tactical reload" skills, and AR-15 for Swat. Would be nice if Sharpshooter stop being "revolver only" perk and you give it back deagle already. Atleast singular, I don't ask for akimbo. Also flashn00b, I told them to make Seal Squeal a sniper hybrid before release, but they didn't listen ofc, but strange how they actually make nail gun smg I asked.

Upvote 0
Ah sh*t, here we go again

Tell me, why so ?
In my humble opinion, this game has released some ridiculous medic weapons, like the medic flamethrower and hemoclobber. It would be nice for the sharpshooter class to have a medic weapon, like a medic sniper rifle or a medic crossbow, I would be happy enough if they crossperk the medic pistol with it. At least have a medic weapon for each class. Because half of the time, you will be playing with a shitty medic or no medic at all.

Upvote 0
Don't see how the 501 would be useful for the Demo, though if we're to talk about weapons already in the game, here's my personal list of weapons that should be cross-perk

Singular 1911 Pistol for Commando: I still find the usefulness of the 1911 questionable since the 1858 buff from the summer of 2018. Giving a singular 1911 to the Commando would at least allow a 12 round pistol with 77.5 damage per round (Assuming that the player is Level 25 and is using both Hollow Point Rounds and High Capacity Magazines)

Hemogoblin for Demolitionist: I still think the most prudent move would be to rework the damn thing to function as an explosive weapon with heal darts. Usage of the upgrade system could potentially allow an explosive-based Hemogoblin to act as a sidegrade to the RPG-7.

Seal Squeal for Sharpshooter: Using this thing honestly feels more like a Ballistic weapon first and an explosive weapon second. I reckon that a Sharpshooter would want to use the harpoons to build up a Rack 'em Up stack, while also activating Sniper and Stability prior to the detonation of the harpoon explosives. Plus, it would really be nice to see an end to the Sharp vs Demo debates and I think the most efficient way to do this is to have a Sharp/Demo cross-perk.

Healthrower for Firebug: As a weapon, the Healthrower actually sucks. I feel like this weapon exists people seem to have this uncanny ability to dodge medic darts despite the auto-aim mechanic tied to them. I'd like to think that if it were to benefit from the Firebug's perk skills, the Healthrower would have greater killing potential, while also allowing the Firebug to carry a Medic Weapon alongside the Helios.

Freezethrower for Firebug: See this thread in the Steam forums

As for new weapons:

Revolving Rifle for Field Medic/Sharpshooter/Gunslinger: I dunno why, but i feel like a DMR for the Medic could actually work as a high damage tier 2 in the form of a modified revolving rifle chambered to fire syringes (The downside would be that it uses ammo for healing, rather than regenerative darts). Also, the Gunslinger totally needs a third rifle.

Glock-18 for SWAT/Gunslinger (pistol only)/Berserker (Pistol/Shield): Because people won't shut up about giving the SWAT a riot shield, and i still think it'd just be an SMG that can be used for parrying.
I agree with most of these suggestions, but not the hemoglobin for demo, I have experimented with the HM503 MGL as a Demo, and it is a very decent support weapon for Demo without being too overpowered. Especially when you play with shitty medics or none at all.

Upvote 0