• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mods to Retail?

Mods to Retail?

• Mosin Nagant M44 Bolt-Action with Bayonet

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Weapon Melee(LAW Hammer, pistol whip, ect)

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Hk MK23 Pistols

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Reskinned Husk Launcher

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
As KF has aged, there have been numerous new weapons made by modders, many of which have near proffessional balancing and polish. Now, what if we took those already made, and handed them to TWI (with the modders permission, of course)? For this poll, I can't exactly name every modded weapon (there are simply too many), so I'll just write down a few that I've some support for the jump to retail.

For posting, you may suggest other weapons, and make cases for certain ones. This is only for weapons, and not other mechanics or mods

I fully support this, though you can still and always ask the bloody annoying question: "What purpose does the weapon have in-game?", which I find a bit unfair, cause even though alot of weapons have the same purpose we still have 2 or even 3 weps in-game which already has the same purpose. Just saying.

Upvote 0
The Mosin Nagant is the bolt-action sniper rifle that people have been asking for.

It's well balanced.

The M7A3 is a Medic Gun with more damage, a slower RoF and smaller mag compared to the MP7, but nice sights and it also has a healing dart.

Reloading is funny, because you have to press a button to reload it. I would've imagined the button to be near the trigger, and the trigger finger would hit it like so many other guns.

Weapon melee is very nice, though to use it i'd like to see the torch on F and melee on middle-mouse.

H&K Mk23 is a godly weapon. I love it to bits. I think it's fine, though the reload animation seems a bit slow and non-fluid compared to the others.

:)

Upvote 0
H&K Mk23 is a godly weapon. I love it to bits. I think it's fine, though the reload animation seems a bit slow and non-fluid compared to the others.

:)

Really? I actually thought it felt pretty quick, though I didn't actually time it. The anim was pretty cool too. The M7A3 takes forever to reload though.

I'd support both weapons being in-retail though.

Upvote 0
I fully support this, though you can still and always ask the bloody annoying question: "What purpose does the weapon have in-game?", which I find a bit unfair, cause even though alot of weapons have the same purpose we still have 2 or even 3 weps in-game which already has the same purpose. Just saying.

I personally find that several of these weapons indeed have a purpose in the game. Just take my favorite, the Mosin Nagant; it works as a gun that basically capitalizes on taking all the strengths and weaknesses of the M14 when compared to the LAR, and reverses them. Makes a good weapon that encourages careful shooting, rewarding good timing and aim with high damage and ammunition. And the price of a poorly timed or aimed shot is often death, or forcing retreat as the player is forced to rely on his bayonet to free himself.

All in all, something which I consider perfectly suited for KF (not to mention a good PR thing for RO)

Upvote 0
I personally find that several of these weapons indeed have a purpose in the game. Just take my favorite, the Mosin Nagant; it works as a gun that basically capitalizes on taking all the strengths and weaknesses of the M14 when compared to the LAR, and reverses them. Makes a good weapon that encourages careful shooting, rewarding good timing and aim with high damage and ammunition. And the price of a poorly timed or aimed shot is often death, or forcing retreat as the player is forced to rely on his bayonet to free himself.

All in all, something which I consider perfectly suited for KF (not to mention a good PR thing for RO)
Oh you just took all my words from my month. +1 to you.

Also tweak poll, so you can choose few options instead of single.

Upvote 0
If I had to pick only one, I would implement the Horzine rifle simply because Medic's weapon choice is severely lacking. Yes, he's not meant to be a combat class but let's try to make him a little less boring in the arms department. I'm not sure about the idea of a combination melee/ranged weapon though...

Don't diss the Nugget till you try it.

Anyways, I hear many such concerns when it comes to the theory of the thing, but it works well in game. To save space and allow further suggestions (not to mention debate of the Horzine Medic rifle), I will just leave this here outlining much of my ideas: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48513[/URL]

As for the Medic Rifle, I would say it's a nice thing to have. I haven't tested it out for balancing enough yet, but so far it seems viable.

Upvote 0
I'm not pretending to be an expert on this game, as I clearly am not, having played it for probably around 80 hours, but I think that both the mosin nagant and the medic rifle could be implemented.

medic because they don't have much to work on as it is and mosin nagant because I love it to death.

Weapon melee would be cool but is more of a novelty,

I'm definitely against the husk cannon.

And I'm really liking the pistols

Upvote 0
I'd love to see weapon melee implemented. It's fun and it's one of those things that goes a way towards giving the feeling of playing a character rather than a roving turret that shoots bullets, dosh and highly accented insults. :p That and well, the ability to use the LAW as a melee weapon also goes a huge way towards making it more viable without making it overpowered. Being able to hit things with it lets you get rid of the odd stalker or clot quickly, but doesn't do much of anything for saving you from a flesh-hungry horde, heh.

I'm rather fond of the MK23 and Medic Rifle and I could definately see them as useful additions to the game as well. I like the idea of the medic being a guy with "high tech" aesthetics to his weapons and having a set of tools of his own (even he has zero bonuses to actual combat with them beyond increased magazine capacity).

Haven't played around with the Mosin or Husk Launcher yet, though.

My vote goes towards weapon-melee at the moment, I suppose.

Upvote 0
I personally only voted for weapon melee, might serve as that reload interupt that we all have been craving for, and would be great as Medic since the Mp7 burns through its ammo so often.
My only concern is the Zerker, he shouldn't get a boost from this. His bonus is for melee weapons, he already has enough power in his arsenal without being able to floor specimens in 1 hit with a LAR too.

The other weapons I'm not so sure. They are very cool, and very professional but I'd prefer to have more of a play with their effects on the game.
- Do we want to buff the Sharpshooters arsenal by another 2 weapons?
- How would an extra gun affect the Medics spam heals? (negatively I reckon unless the Mp7 and M7A3 were tied together),
- Does a Firebug need a husk launcher?

As a Firebug myself I feel the class is pretty well defined as a DoT class. What would the husk cannon bring to the table? Big spikes going against the nature of the perk? Or would it be more DoT that the Flamethrower does perfectly fine as is?

Its hard with new weapons to keep them balanced, as TF2 has well proved. So ANY addition should be carefully thought about the effect it will have.

On the other hand assuming good balance, I'd be happy to see any of them added :)

Upvote 0
it's one of those things that goes a way towards giving the feeling of playing a character rather than a roving turret that shoots bullets, dosh and highly accented insults.

I hope you don't mind if I make this my sig, I found it hilarious.

I'm rather fond of the MK23 and Medic Rifle and I could definately see them as useful additions to the game as well. I like the idea of the medic being a guy with "high tech" aesthetics to his weapons and having a set of tools of his own (even he has zero bonuses to actual combat with them beyond increased magazine capacity).
My thoughts exactly. I've always thought that the Medic had a "cutting edge" theme to him, with his lighter/cheaper/stronger armor and a gun that shoots what seems to be nanomachines and pain medication.

I would like to see an "Illumination Update" as a major update. Body mounted flashlight and deployable flares get added to the Trader for cheap prices and low weight, but every single official map gets a hell of a lot darker. Other than that, I'd only like the HK23s, since there's room for a new sidearm.

That sounds cool. But I think there's definitely room for a new Medic weapon, even more then another pistol. I think they'd all make sense except perhaps the weapon-melee.

Upvote 0