• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code modify game files

If I want to modify a game file (like a sound or an effect) in game and try it on local server, how can I do it?

I tried to modify the script files on development folder but nothing change when I try on a local server.....:(

You can't modify the files in the development folder. They are there as a resource only so that you can see what they do. If you want to make changes, then you need to make your own class and inherit (extend) it from the original class sitting in the development folder. You will also need to make a mutator class (inherit from Engine\Mutator.uc). In that one you use the available hooks (overloads) to replace the original class object with your class object.
Your own classes should go into the <My Documents>\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGames\Src folder. In there you make a folder whitch should have the same name as the class name of your mutator class. Your source files should be put in a Classes folder sitting in the mutators base folder. So you will get something like:
<My Documents>\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Src\MyMutatorName\Classes and in there a mutator class like MyMutatorName.uc.
You can place your mutated class (the one that you want to do your magic in) in that same folder or give it it's own folder.

Upvote 0