• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Models with Ironshot firing

Marls

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Well I been meaning to ask this for a while

Why is it in game when you use the ironshoot view, your character doesnt raise his gun to his eye level and fire. but only when you move backwards or forwards which the aim is like you're wobbling around drunk. I kinda thought maybe they would add it on as time progressed but nothing has change.

I just think it be nice to see players who are using the ironshot view actully witness them using it via there model. I use iron view all the time and it be cool if my character displayed it.

Tripwire got any plans on fixing this ? come on, British military/police shooting at waist hieght ? They are more professional than that !

Be nice if tripwire consided this in the next patch ^_^.

Character models do display aiming.

Pay closer attention, it's there.

You should pay more attention because you'd have seen the models only display aiming when aiming and walking, but if you stand still and aim, your character don't change.

It looks like a bug like the grenade throw animation not showing (the stand still aiming anims are here), and I totally agree that it should be fixed by now, and I hope it will be included in the next big update .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No offense but seriously, why are you *****ing about this. Maybe it's just me but I'm too busy looking for something to kill to go around studying what a character model does and doesn't do.

TWI probably didn't do it cuz it's just more **** to animate (hands would have to be different for every gun to appear to line up properly) and whether or not your teammates are aiming has no impact whatsoever on anything that has to do with you.

You should just be happy that this is the only thing you have to complain about

Upvote 0
No offense but seriously, why are you *****ing about this. Maybe it's just me but I'm too busy looking for something to kill to go around studying what a character model does and doesn't do.

TWI probably didn't do it cuz it's just more **** to animate (hands would have to be different for every gun to appear to line up properly) and whether or not your teammates are aiming has no impact whatsoever on anything that has to do with you.

i agree. this is a great game and stuff like this really doesnt stop me from having fun with it.

Upvote 0

As I said the animations are already here. Just start KFEd and check the players' anims (there's aiming animation even for the "level up" weapons ). So why don't they appear in-game? That's a glitch, there's no reason why only aiming + moving show up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I said the animations are already here. Just start KFEd and check the players' anims (there's aiming animation even for the "level up" weapons ). So why don't they appear in-game? That's a glitch, there's no reason why only aiming + moving show up.

Well hey if the animations already exist go for it tripwire. Thats alot easier than making all new ones and implementing them.

Upvote 0

It might not be a big deal but its still a valid discussion. I didn't see the OP sounding too upset or demanding on the issue.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by omacaco

It's not a game breaking add in, but it would be nice nonetheless if an aim model was added in.

It's mere decoration, and if TWI has time to add it in, by all means I would accept it openly! They added a burning animation for ZEDS a few patches back, was that needed? Nope, but they did anyway.

No offense, but I think it's YOU that needs to stop *****ing about things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not a game breaking add in, but it would be nice nonetheless if an aim model was added in.

It's mere decoration, and if TWI has time to add it in, by all means I would accept it openly! They added a burning animation for ZEDS a few patches back, was that needed? Nope, but they did anyway.

No offense, but I think it's YOU that needs to stop *****ing about things.

No, I just don't get why people even want to bother TWI with such trivial things. You should be more concerned with bugs and balance issues then with what your team LOOKS like they are doing. I hope no one at Tripwire wastes there time looking at this thread.

As someone before said, if you stop shooting long enough to look over at your team mates and analyze them, you're doing it wrong.

Upvote 0
well, it's not really a "trivial" thing. it's realatively poor 3rd person animations, which we also saw in RO:OST. i think that is partly due to the engine and partly just due to it not being the #1 thing on their list to work on. notice why one of the few criticisms that KF got in the main ratings/reviews was poor graphics/detail and that it looked slightly unpolished. i'm not saying it's gamebreaking, because it isn't (all i care about is the 1st person models since that's all that affects me anyway...), but from the asthetic perspective of the game, it does take away from making it what it could be.

as with all secondary issues that the game has, if TW gets around to fixing it great, if not, i'll keep playing anyway ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah but looks is what polishes the game for enjoyment. If it was left for dead where you have characters who are unprofessional random joe blows blindy shooting, so it wouldnt matter much because its expected. But when you have the majority of models for British Military or British Police who should be trained in the use of firearms. They should look and act more professional.

One aspect of this game I like over other games, is the use of an ironsight view. I'd rather not play any of FPS anymore who dont have it.

IF they decide to match the ironshooting with model animation. It be a great thing for the game. Thats all.

Marls!

No, I just don't get why people even want to bother TWI with such trivial things. You should be more concerned with bugs and balance issues then with what your team LOOKS like they are doing. I hope no one at Tripwire wastes there time looking at this thread.

As someone before said, if you stop shooting long enough to look over at your team mates and analyze them, you're doing it wrong.
Say your opinion then gtfo of my thread. Tripwire decides if they consider this at some point. Not you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0