• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design MN Gazala Line (Preview)

Here are some more screenshots featuring some of the new weapons and vehicles

Shot00111.jpg

Shot00114.jpg

Shot00116.jpg

Shot00120.jpg

Shot00125.jpg

Shot00128.jpg

Shot00129.jpg

Shot00131.jpg

Shot00139.jpg

Shot00141.jpg

Upvote 0
Any suggestions? :D I tried alot of the stock textures and didn't like them. Still, I actually ended up using one of them, but I changed its color and went with that.

I would suggest something not making it that obvious that the engine lacks normal/displacement mapping. I always thought that texture looked especially flat.
Have a look around and find something on the net, or take a pic yourself somewhere.

Upvote 0
Would you consider adding some items around the houses (Shot00205)? From what I see, it looks very, ah...empty? I personally wouldn't know what to do as this sort of environment is unfamiliar to me, but I'm sure the residents had a few items outdoors.

EDIT: About the bridge, perhaps put a cap on the "railings," something perhaps with a darker stony texture for contrast. Uhm...maybe some projectors pointing on to the bridge that show an overlay of sand? Something to break up the texture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will be looking to see about finding a better texture to use, I looked briefly and didn't see anything I liked at all. I did try scaling the current texture as I was creating it and it looked very tiled.

As far as projectors, D'oh! I don't know why I didn't think of that. I used ALOT of them for shadows (including the bridge shadow) and to create different colored terrain in the fire/cooking pits.

Upvote 0