• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design MN Gazala Line (Preview)

Thanks for the update Moe.

New vehicles? What new vehicles?

Vehicles that were listed in the last Tunis Telegraph over at the MN Website

Since they are listed in the above publication, these might make it into the map:
M13/40 and variations
Semovente M41 75/18
M3 Stuart

Again, assuming these vehicles make it in the next release of course, and maybe some other vehicles and variants.

Upvote 0
Vehicles that were listed in the last Tunis Telegraph over at the MN Website

Since they are listed in the above publication, these might make it into the map:
M13/40 and variations
Semovente M41 75/18
M3 Stuart

Again, assuming these vehicles make it in the next release of course, and maybe some other vehicles and variants.

Thnx...I came across this link on from the web page you provided above:

[url]http://www.marenostrumgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96:el-alamein-mapping-contest&catid=41:event[/URL]

Does this mean the Crusader-I is going to make it into the next release? It would also be nice to see the earlier MkIIIs with the short 5,0cm. But it's nice to see the Stuart possibly making it into the game.

Upvote 0
How big is your new map relative to say AZ or Debrecen?

I am just finishing up a book on the november\december 1941 battles around Sidi Rezegh. my juices are sort of following in that direction. Crusader-I & Stuart vs. Early MkIII -- MkII -- and MkIVe would be perfect.

The terrain south of Sidi Rezegh is however -- at least from photos and limited topo I have looked at -- extremely flat aside from the coastal escarpments to the north of Sidi Rezegh.

A Sidi Rezegh map would be sort of Krivoi Rog'ish (Spelling?). You reckon that would be of much interest to MN players? It would be nice to get some of the RO tank map crowd drug over to MN.

Upvote 0
The actual playing area is about 2/3 the size of AZ.

Right now it is designed as a CA map. It is based loosely on parts of that battle with weapons and vehicles from that time that hopefully should be available with the next release. It does not really represent an exact physical location, just my interpretation of parts of the battle, and my scouring pictures of all different areas of the sahara.

Hopefully it is interesting enough to be played! :p

PS: Yes, I think a Sidi Rezegh map would be of interest. After all, the wide open spaces, and early war tanks with the manuevering would be perfect for tankers (that don't want to just sit back in their heavy tanks)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What is "CA"?

Any thoughts on when you might be going public with MN gazala? If you need any help play testing don't hesitate to ask me. :D

What 2fisted Said -- I am sure your map will be of interest to play. It might also prove to be the stimulus needed to get more RO Tank map players downloading the MN mod.

MN is a very nice mod, but the MN servers are invariably devoid of players or have less than 8 or 9 players at a time.

It is too bad that servers can't do double time -- like a specific server that offers both MN and RO tank maps for players to vote on. It would be nice to jump back and forth between RO and MN tank maps without having to switch to a new server. But I suppose that is impossible.

Upvote 0
What is "CA"?

Any thoughts on when you might be going public with MN gazala? If you need any help play testing don't hesitate to ask me. :D

What 2fisted Said -- I am sure your map will be of interest to play. It might also prove to be the stimulus needed to get more RO Tank map players downloading the MN mod.

MN is a very nice mod, but the MN servers are invariably devoid of players or have less than 8 or 9 players at a time.

It is too bad that servers can't do double time -- like a specific server that offers both MN and RO tank maps for players to vote on. It would be nice to jump back and forth between RO and MN tank maps without having to switch to a new server. But I suppose that is impossible.

MN fightnight every Wednesday 8:30 Central European time. PzDF server. :)

Upvote 0
I wonder what the possibility is of getting something similar organized for MN based upon a North American Time Frame? There are a large number of American & Canadians playing the various RO Tank maps. And there are a number of empty MN servers.

You reckon if we had two or three MN tank maps\combined arm maps we could make a go of an MN Tank server?

Or are folks too obssessed with driving either IS2s or Tiger tanks to ever take MN tank maps seriously?

Upvote 0
Just one quick preview (no MN surprises are in this picture). I am really trying to get the lighting and shadows nice for the desert atmosphere. Hope its not too bad... :)

wideshot.jpg

Upvote 0