• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Message to infantry map players

Voting is idiotic anyway. Only bad admins on bad servers employ voting and that is - ermmmmm - ALL of them :D

Down with democracy down with voting.

The only kind of voting I like is the one where number of votes one can place is coresponding to his score in the last game played. Thus, 1337 players and score whores like myself, can swing the vote with one click :D

Upvote 0
Droog said:
80% of Counter-Strike:Source servers are de_dust2 24/7:)

There are so many Counter-Strike servers that you can always find at least 10 full servers for each official map.

In RO, I have decent ping to maybe 20 highly populated servers, half are tank maps, the other half are mostly Odessa and Stalingrakessel, and when they are on another map, the next vote quickly brings back one of these 2.

In 2-3 weeks, I played on that trench map only once.

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
Voting is idiotic anyway. Only bad admins on bad servers employ voting and that is - ermmmmm - ALL of them :D

No way. Mapvoting is the best option to keep the server full. On servers with map-rotation, it only takes one bad map to empty it, while servers with map-voting allow for mid-game changes if an unpopular map is on.

Upvote 0
I wish the servers would just put all the maps on rotation and if people didn't like a particular map they could vote a new one, sorta like CS. That way I could play some of my favorite maps like Hedgehog at least once in every server. Oh well, lets hope eventually people get tired of the more popular ones..

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
No way. Mapvoting is the best option to keep the server full. On servers with map-rotation, it only takes one bad map to empty it, while servers with map-voting allow for mid-game changes if an unpopular map is on.

I have yet to see mid-game map change by voting, as I have yet to see someone kicked from the server by voting :p

Even if the moron is worst TK-er/spammer/nuisance/whatever, usually 7-8 people, at most, will vote to get him kicked, others will not participate in voting (most probably they don't even know how it's done, not because they love the idiot). Same for mid-game map vote. I've never seen it work.

As for rotation - don't keep bad maps on server, simple :D

Voting is cool only if it's score-related, otherwise it sucks, because n00b votes are equal to 1337 votes and n00bs will *always* vote for n00b maps (we all know which ones).

Oleg

Upvote 0
King Ragnar said:
I hate and mean HATE map rotation take for example yesterday, me an my clan mates playin gon a server on kessel after that it was odessa witht anks or someother sill mpa and the server practically emptied after kessel was over, we live in democracy thus must have voting :D

lol king, edit your post cause i dont understand half of it :p

Upvote 0
When I'm playing (admining) on our server (DPG), I won't force a map during the voting process unless it's been a map that has been played within the last 3 maps (if I've been on that long), or if a map gets voted where there are lots of people complaining about the map, I make them get ~50% of the server population to vote on another (same) map, then I'll switch it.

I personally like the map voting system, but switching it to not allowing maps to be choosen for 5 rounds would be nice. I'll have to look into this and see if they will allow me to change that.

Upvote 0
Personally I HATE Odessa. StalingradKessel is a far better map, I find. I miss Krasnyi Oktyabr, and I do enjoy the occasional round of Kaukasus. Konigsplatz is a pretty good one too, though that's CA. I've actually grown to really enjoy Basovka, though.

Now that the custom map scene is starting to take off, we should see more interesting maps played (along with some bad ones).

Upvote 0