• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report - More Explosions, More Bullets

I was thinking the sharp needs a small spray and pray weapon for if and when he gets surrounded by small trash. On higher difficulties the 9 mm doesn't cut it and the M14 (which is fantastic for it) isn't really purchased until level 3 at earliest. Think playing nuked objective mode as a solo sharp player. The first spider wave. Ugh.... Goes through freeze grenades very fast. Also Tripwire did say a Pirate themed update in advertising for this summer instead of the circus theme.

Upvote 0
"Characters sold poorly.", yet people (including me) constantly ask for them, weird, isn't it?
"Apparently, guns aren't faring better." - doesn't looks like it's true, I often (as much as I play this game these days) see atleast one player with dlc weapons (excluding Zwei), but granted, maybe player count is that low lmao.
News Flash: people refuse to buy anything, especially from TWI. I haven't seen anyone being happy about prices of any purchasable content in this game, ever. So what exactly do you expect/want to happen? I'm just giving an idea.
People complain about crates, TWI panders - now no one is buying them. You'd ask where I was fine with "gambling"? I didn't really care, but (apparently) atleast "whales" give enough money so TWI giving us free (and good!) weapons.

Here's Glock with fischer suppressor and Auto 9. If you honestly see no difference, I have nothing to tell you.

Upvote 0
First things first, you better change that tone mate. As you got no reason to talk to me like that.

My mention about the fact that guns don't sell very well doesn't come out of thin air : Tripwire themselves said so. Now you might get cynical and tell me that businesses are never happy with sales... One can only trust them to be honest about the numbers. I know I didn't purchase any of them, as I find them too expensive. And I'm sure many players didn't either. By taking your "at least one player has DLC weapons" into account, it still means that, assuming you're always playing in a full-team... Only one out of six players bought at least one DLC. That's still not that great.

And what does the fact that people keeps asking for characters prove exactly? Besides that the community is also hungry for more, but never if it costs anything? Again, I won't lie : I didn't purchase either Mrs.Foster or Badass Santa. But at some point, you have to realize that everything cost time and resources. If it's too expensive : just wait for a sale. We got one a few months ago. You cannot complain that nothing new is added when you don't support the game by spending money on it.

If people refuse to buy anything from TWI, may they suit themselves. But they shouldn't complain that we don't cater to them either. You paid for a fully-released game and believe or not : the game was released years ago! They could have dropped DLCs from the get-go. Yet they didn't. They could have released the game and move on to the next... Yet they didn't. They continue to support the game to this day. So that you find the prices too high is mighty fine. But complaining that they have to make cuts to their KF2 budget is sheer non-sense.

And finally, I obviously didn't say that Auto 9 and G18C were the same gun. That's just idiocy. But you cannot argue that they have a similar shape. Not saying you could mistake the two. Not saying they have the same appearance. Just that one could be reminded of the other by looking at it.

If you don't agree. Whatever, it's okay. I'm sure I'll sleep just as fine tonight. But claiming "you have nothing to tell me" as if I was the king of the morons clearly wasn't necessary.

Upvote 0
I tend to forget that all GS weapons already have a secondary function... Hell, just shows how useful I find said function.

I do believe it would be better to be able to select your fire rate rather than how you want your ADS to look. Or well, they could make it a quick double-tap on Mouse2 actually changes how the ADS look? I don't know.

I do believe we need a workaround to such a silly situation. Being unable to switch fire just because it's bound on the same key is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Eh... You're right. But at the same time, I'm a strong defender of the idea that no perk should be able to deal with everything. Otherwise, why bother having perks at all? I do perceive the sharpshooter as some sort of "glass cannon" (for lack of a better word) : dealing painfully high amount of damage, but with very low self-preservation which means you often have to rely on your team. What about solo play then? If I was being cocky, I'd say that it's part of the fun to be challenged... Otherwise, I would say that the LAR and then either the Centerfire/.500 do make more than average T2 in the hands of a sharpie. At the very least : it is more reliable than the Crossbow.

I would go as far as to say that crawlers are natural enemies of the sharp... which seems only fair since he makes short work of most dangerous enemies (Sirens and Scrakes and to some extent : Fleshpounds)

Pirate themed you say? I don't know if I like it more than the summer sideshow to be honest... I'm afraid it might look very cheesy. In every way. The skins, the map etc... That does sound a bit random too.

But hey, at least it's different?

Upvote 0
I'm surprised that the new HRG weapon is an improved version of Boomstick and HMTech-501.The players around me have discussed the feasibility of dual glock18c many times. I'm glad that you have fulfilled the wishes of KF2 players.I'm surprised by the appearance of blunderbuss, but the theme of the next version is pirates. This weapon really fits the image of pirates.

Steampunk better than Pirates looks.

Upvote 0