• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merc Report - M&Ms

Mercs,

After extensive and continued study of bloat bile, the lab coats have managed to re-weaponize it in the form of proximity mine deployable via a Medic launcher device (they tell us you don’t want to be too close, just in case something goes wrong, but also assure us that there are beneficial properties for your team).

minereconstructor.png

May we introduce you to the latest in Horzine medtech research. They call it the Mine Reconstructor. In the field, it can be charged up to deploy mines of different sizes which will increase the damage, radius, and healing properties (And don’t forget you can manually detonate for your teammates who may be down range). Get ready to belch some rounds downrange! You will of course understand that the source of the grenade material is classified.

While the Medics are laying a trap, someone needs to cover the backwards advance to safety, and go full Commando. This one is pretty simple, the lab figured out how to reduce the weight of a mounted minigun, effectively making you the mount.

minigun.png

It isn’t all bullets out there, as mercs will need to give up accuracy, speed, and time to spin this baby up and reload it. But these tradeoffs come with the ability to decimate an “area of effect” for as long as you can keep that trigger held, which uhhhh won’t be long.

Now get to that chopper, as we expect to start field testing (beta) next week at the earliest if all goes well!

As a reminder: HRG weapons are free for all users, while the Minigun and Mine Reconstructor are purchasable after the Fall Update Final Launch as Weapon Bundles packed with weapon skins for cosmetic customization.

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
I hope in the next update after this Halloween update they will add the STF-12, for some of you who don't know what it is it's an Italian shotgun but its use by the british to this day but you will never see them using because it's only for police work and swats only sometimes used by the military. The reason why I want this for the support is that it's a pump only and we only have 3 pump shotguns I will hope someone or even tripwire themselves come apon this comment and see it as a good idea if not only one can imagine 👍

Upvote 0
DLC weapons have been a mixed bag so far...Not exactly their ideas per say, but mostly how they ended up feeling like. Some are great. Some are meh. Some are in dire need of tweaks.

But for the sheer idea alone, I'm totally sold on those two guns! Yes, I do believe that the medic is fully stocked now and probably shouldn't get new guns ever so often. And yes, I would have enjoyed an LMG with a slower ROF but a stronger punch... But it's hard to complain when you got a FREAKING MINIGUN and a mine launcher.

I don't really like the glowing blue light on the latter, but I guess it's to keep with the medic theme. Still, as it looks cobbled together... I believe it would have been a somewhat more fitting weapon to the survivalist.

As for the minigun, well... I can only say that I'm very curious as to how usable that will be. And how it will work along with the skills of the perk.

Upvote 0