• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics medic loadouts

I always like to take something that helps my team with the trash - when I'm using the AR I usually accompany it with the med pistol and the trenchgun.

The trench is surprisingly nice off perk in my experience.

If I want to have some fun I use the loadout in my signature; big believer in helping myself reduce the amount of healing needed by eliminating hordes of the little stuff so my teammates can zero in on the nastier guys. :D

It's always a bit tense when things get nasty trying to poke a teammates with your syringe while you wait for your pistol to recharge, lol!

Upvote 0
Well, it depends on your team.

If your team is having an hard time dealing with trash, flamethrower ;
If your team is having an hard time dealing with Scrake, xbow.

Now, I would recommend to take a pulveriser if your team have some difficulty with FP (and you do not have a berserker to tank it).

Now, never forget that you're still stupposed to heal people in any case. And the time spend on shooting with your offperk weapon is time you're not healing :)

Upvote 0
And the time spend on shooting with your offperk weapon is time you're not healing :)

I get torn on this subject a lot when I medic.

There are situations where multiple teammates are getting scratched up and I can't outpace the damage with dart spam - if I see a crawler do one of those awesome 20 ft knockbacks on a teammate into a spawn of gorefasts a lot of times I wonder if I'm better off just trying to cut down the trash rather than shoot darts.

I usually end up spamming a pair of darts and quick swap to the off perk to fire a few shots, but it goes back to my debate "is preventing damage just as good as healing".

Meaning I don't have to heal people if they're not getting hurt. Truthfully I mismanage these priorities more often than not and it's much easier to just mindlessly spam darts, but that's less fun. :)

Upvote 0
I get torn on this subject a lot when I medic.

There are situations where multiple teammates are getting scratched up and I can't outpace the damage with dart spam - if I see a crawler do one of those awesome 20 ft knockbacks on a teammate into a spawn of gorefasts a lot of times I wonder if I'm better off just trying to cut down the trash rather than shoot darts.

I usually end up spamming a pair of darts and quick swap to the off perk to fire a few shots, but it goes back to my debate "is preventing damage just as good as healing".

Meaning I don't have to heal people if they're not getting hurt. Truthfully I mismanage these priorities more often than not and it's much easier to just mindlessly spam darts, but that's less fun. :)
The real answer in a situation like that it to fire off a couple darts, throw a medic grenade and switch to your heaviest hitter and go ham on the trash mobs.

Shooting some darts gives your team some healing, throwing a grenade both helps with dealing with trash (instagibs crawlers in particular, which is really nice) and with healing teammates who happen to be standing in it or have more situational awareness than a concussed tortoise and run over into the gas, switching to your best trash clearing gun and starting to blow away targets that aren't in the gas helps get your team some breathing room and helps keep you from having to heal as much damage. Have you seen how much damage a single Suicidal/HoE crawler can deal in one second? It's BS I tells ya.

Back on topic, there are two loadouts that I personally like:

MedAR, Boomstick, .500Mag, MedPistol. For maps with shorter average engagement distance (Catacombs, Complex).

MedAR, best Commando rifle I can afford (if I've only got 200 dosh, I'll get a LAR instead of a Varmint rifle because I hate the vomit rifle), 1911. For maps with longer average engagement distance (Burning Paris, Defence Thyself).
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I've been varying my selection lately, classically I would take an M79 or Flamethrower to deal with masses in a pinch. Of late, Firebug and Demolitions are always on tap, so I may take a Crossbow and M1911 for overwatch, or a Pulverizer and Desert Eagle for supplementing/replacing the Berserker. I may also take nothing at all, so I can carry something for another player as we kite.

Upvote 0
I never suggest medics to engage combat aggressively, since your wounded teammates can be healed by you, but no one is going to heal you when you take a punch. And medics are less combat effective than others, so after your 401 purchase, give money to other frontline perks, then back-row perks. If you still have extra dosh in your pocket, then you can start to arm yourself in case you need a bit more firepower.

First is an "emergency backup" loadout: 401+101+Pulverizer. Don't get cocky with your Pulverizer, since this should be your last resort for the most desperate situation. When your team failed to handle Fleshpound, your berserker will be the first one to tank it; If he falls in the process, the commando and support should be the next to tank hits; In case they didn't make it either, then it's your turn to use the Pulverizer to fight back. Normally you don't need the Pulverizer, and when you need it, it's already FUBAR, but eventually it may help.

Then we have a BOSS wave loadout: 401+SCAR+DE. In most case, you should be the last one to fall in the BOSS battle, and this is for you if you were the only one left to turn the tide. There's not much to say, you get a lot of ammo and firepower from the loadout, so you still stand a chance to beat Hans or Patty.

However, your best weapon is always your healthy teammates, so if they are really nice persons that you want to keep they all alive and kicking, here goes the full healing loadout: 401+301+DE. You can't go wrong with this build in any circumstance unless your teammates go wrong. You will have maximum healing potential with this loadout, so make sure everyone is healed!

Upvote 0
Ravenask;n2256990 said:
I never suggest medics to engage combat aggressively, since your wounded teammates can be healed by you, but no one is going to heal you when you take a punch. And medics are less combat effective than others, so after your 401 purchase, give money to other frontline perks, then back-row perks. If you still have extra dosh in your pocket, then you can start to arm yourself in case you need a bit more firepower.

First is an "emergency backup" loadout: 401+101+Pulverizer. Don't get cocky with your Pulverizer, since this should be your last resort for the most desperate situation. When your team failed to handle Fleshpound, your berserker will be the first one to tank it; If he falls in the process, the commando and support should be the next to tank hits; In case they didn't make it either, then it's your turn to use the Pulverizer to fight back. Normally you don't need the Pulverizer, and when you need it, it's already FUBAR, but eventually it may help.

Then we have a BOSS wave loadout: 401+SCAR+DE. In most case, you should be the last one to fall in the BOSS battle, and this is for you if you were the only one left to turn the tide. There's not much to say, you get a lot of ammo and firepower from the loadout, so you still stand a chance to beat Hans or Patty.

However, your best weapon is always your healthy teammates, so if they are really nice persons that you want to keep they all alive and kicking, here goes the full healing loadout: 401+301+DE. You can't go wrong with this build in any circumstance unless your teammates go wrong. You will have maximum healing potential with this loadout, so make sure everyone is healed!

I never really ran Scar w/ medic in KF2 - something I may need to look into. Nice suggestions.

Welcome to the board!

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2257233 said:
I never really ran Scar w/ medic in KF2 - something I may need to look into. Nice suggestions.
As a Demolitions that likes to use the SCAR (now that they reduced the RPG weight by one block) I can confirm that SCAR is the most useful off-perk main weapon.

In fact, if you don't mind not being able to spam darts or build armor quite as game-breakingly quickly you can go with a SCAR instead of the MedAR and use the MedShot for your healing weapon instead. Then you have three blocks to play with for gear, which is great because it leaves you with a lot of options. C4 for helping with Fleshpounds? .500Mag for helping with Scrakes and instantly destroying every trash zed you see? Katana for good parries and personal defence against trash (especially by using it's draw attack)? MedPistol and DEagle for maximum total damage (for three blocks and without packing too much punch into too little shots like the .500Mag) and extra healing? MedSMG for even better extra healing and a good run n' gun weapon? All good loadouts.

Upvote 0